Photo

Pod Hd500x 4 Cable Method Into High-gain Amp Patch Questions...

hd500x 4 cable blackstar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnrobb

johnrobb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Ok - I just got my HD500x and when plugged into Logic Pro X it's freaking fantastic - within an hour of receiving it I had some awesome tones dialed-in! 

My questions are related to connecting the 500X to my Blackstar Venue Series amp via the 4 cable method and using the HD500x as a stomp-box board for mostly modulation and delay - no amp models (all the gain coming from my amp). 

So far I have these 3 questions/observations:

• Since I'm using it for effects and not amp models, do I need to add any type of amp, pre-amp or other component in the patch? 
  • When it's connected, but nothing enabled in my patch, my amp sounds very thin and weak on either of the gain channels.
  • I made a patch with just a noise-gate, fx-loop, digitial delay & tri-chorus. There is no audible difference with the delay before the loop or after, so I must be doing something wrong... 

I have the output set to Combo Front.

Please note - I've been using a M13 in the 4 cable method for 2 years, so I have an understanding of how the setup works. 

Any input from someone who has actually run their rig like this would be very much appreciated!! 

PRS Custom 24

Starr Guitars Arch-Top Tele

Blackstar HT-60S

Blackstar HT-112 Extension Cab

Line6 M13

Line6 G55

#2 mngtrguy

mngtrguy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

I bought the HD500X for exactly the same reason...for stompbox use only with my cabinet's gain (an EVH 5150III). I too have the M13 and am familiar with the 4CM. I can't figure out the best way to set up the HD500X using pre and post effects without selecting an amp.

Have you made any progress yet?

#3 johnrobb

johnrobb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

Hi - I ended up returning the 500X. It seemed to really change the tone of my amp and I couldn't get it dialed-in. I am still using my M13 and am happy with it. 

PRS Custom 24

Starr Guitars Arch-Top Tele

Blackstar HT-60S

Blackstar HT-112 Extension Cab

Line6 M13

Line6 G55

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd500x, 4 cable, blackstar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users