7 replies to this topic

#1 larryhennessee

larryhennessee

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:01 AM

I got my new M20d...but I was so frustrated after powering it on for the first time.

The touchscreen response to my finger touching it was off by about an inch.

The further the right of the screen, the further to calibration was off. 

I would press a button...and the button NEXT to it would react...making it very difficult to use obviously.

I searched on these forums, knowledge base...google'd it...nothing.

If there's already someone that knows how to do this, I sure could not locate the answer easily online.

Since this thing is a computer...and most computers have a BIOS/setup...maybe I could force it into a setup mode on boot.

So, I pressed down the SETUP button and held it down while turning the power on...voila!

The screen starts displaying the lines of startup commands like a linux box or a PC on initial start.

Then, there it is ... all the command prompts to calibrate the screen and more. 

I just wanted to share this in case someone else gets a similar problem and needs to find the answer.

Hopefully it helps you calibrate or recalibrate your Stagescape touchscreen so it works with accuracy.

Love the board so far...very well designed. EASY to use!

Kudos to LINE6 on everything (so far)...with the exception of making screen calibration info easy to find!

Larry

Larry Hennessee, Guitarist

http://www.RachelleRae.com

#2 Digital-sound

Digital-sound

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Interesting. Was it a straightforward adjustment? Or are there "command line prompts" that you also had to crack?

#3 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2516 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

It's sort of a first person shooter game  :D

It's very simple and almost no one will benefit from it.

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

It's really great that you posted all of this to help others, Larry !

That (and Don Boomer's comedy workshop) is what these forums are all about.

Heartfelt congratulations and welcome aboard.  :)

#5 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:38 AM

Wow GREAT Info!!! thanks for sharing. 

May you be blessed and our Lord Jesus keep you!!!

#6 larryhennessee

larryhennessee

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

Calibration was a simple ....tap and hold the targets on screen and following the prompts for 60 seconds.

Regarding "almost noone" benefiting from this feature....appears I have moved up the world...
I have gone from a "nobody" to "almost noone".... that is a promotion in this part of Michigan!

"the new phone books are here...the new phone books are here! Do you what this means? It means I am somebody...great things are going to start happening to me now!".....(The Jerk, Steve Martin)

For the record, I have already had to recalibrate a second time as it has shifted a bit again. If not calibrated, user is unable to press the info button on top right.. or the setup button on top left, depending on the shift of the calibration of course.

Larry Hennessee, Guitarist

http://www.RachelleRae.com

#7 gbtonk

gbtonk

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I got my new M20d...but I was so frustrated after powering it on for the first time.

The touchscreen response to my finger touching it was off by about an inch.

The further the right of the screen, the further to calibration was off. 

I would press a button...and the button NEXT to it would react...making it very difficult to use obviously.

I searched on these forums, knowledge base...google'd it...nothing.

If there's already someone that knows how to do this, I sure could not locate the answer easily online.

Since this thing is a computer...and most computers have a BIOS/setup...maybe I could force it into a setup mode on boot.

So, I pressed down the SETUP button and held it down while turning the power on...voila!

The screen starts displaying the lines of startup commands like a linux box or a PC on initial start.

Then, there it is ... all the command prompts to calibrate the screen and more. 

I just wanted to share this in case someone else gets a similar problem and needs to find the answer.

Hopefully it helps you calibrate or recalibrate your Stagescape touchscreen so it works with accuracy.

Love the board so far...very well designed. EASY to use!

Kudos to LINE6 on everything (so far)...with the exception of making screen calibration info easy to find!

Larry

Oh, thank you very very very much !!!! My stagescape works very fine now !

#8 iamspg

iamspg

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for posting this.  I too have this problem.  Not off by an inch, but enough to sometime get the wrong icon, especially in Record controls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users