Photo

Dt25 Direct Emulated Out Sounds Broken

lvm dt25 direct

Best Answer martinrawlins , 19 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

OK I did a factory reset and now it's fine... picked up the tip from another thread.

edit - just playing around with it, I discovered it was the mic emulation that was off! I can't believe how much the sound relies on it... incredible.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 martinrawlins

martinrawlins

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Hi guys, I'm trying to do some quiet recording using the emulated out (in LVM) and it sounds absolutely terrible, like a badly clipping DI.

My first thought was that the cabinet modeling was not enabled, but when I select it on the DT customizer software it does seem to be coming on, but not improving the sound. There's plenty of headroom on my mic input, the levels are fine.

I've also tried different models/settings and restarting the amp.

The amp sounds perfectly normal and great through a cab, the problem is just with the emulated out. I have used it before with no problem and can't understand what the problem could be.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Help!

(clip attached)

Attached Files

#2 martinrawlins

martinrawlins

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:21 AM   Best Answer

OK I did a factory reset and now it's fine... picked up the tip from another thread.

edit - just playing around with it, I discovered it was the mic emulation that was off! I can't believe how much the sound relies on it... incredible.

#3 tscoolberth

tscoolberth

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

What's you impression of the quality of the signal? I use the older Line 6 Spider Valve and I use that in combo with direct mic'ing but I find I have to do a bit of processing on it .. like add a cab sim on that channel in the DAW with a reverb impulse loaded up.

JTV-89, ESP-LTD Hex-7, Schecter V-1, Jackson RR3, Jackson KVXMG, Douglas Hadron 7 string

Laney IRT Studio head, Jet City 1x12" cab

Line 6 Spider Valve MK1 w/ Strymon pre-amp mod .

Mustang 1 15w practice amp with Celestion spkr upgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users