109 replies to this topic

#81 tim1953

tim1953

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

i think 22 amps is plenty. i only want the quality of the tone upgraded if that's possible. :)  and of course any bugs. overall i'm very pleased with the pod and really have had no problems except for the logo loop which was easily solved. 

EAGLES AT .500

5 amps is enough for me if they model the right ones.

I just think they picked some crappy versions of some good amps.

If you're gonna model a Marshall 800 use a good one - the one in the Pod HD 500 is lame.

Same way with the AC 15.

I play all kinds of music but under a live situation I only need a few good amps.

That's why I think having a choice of what amps you load into your own Pod would be the ticket.

#82 jimbadger

jimbadger

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

I for one am happy about the latest update. I haven't had the "intermittent low volume on power up" glitch in two 2 days now. I'll give it a few more days before I actually consider that fixed, but things look good so far.

I was told by tech support that this glitch only affected certain units. I wonder what the deal is with my unit to fit in that "certain units" category? I sure would like to know!

#83 tim1953

tim1953

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

It just seems to me that if you have a product like the HD 500 that you put a lot of time into development and modelling - it would make sense to keep offering new models.

That way you're not only keeping the people who already own a Pod happy but you're giving potential buyers more reasons to purchase one.

Like I said in an earlier post I'd be willing to pay for new models - I don't expect them to be free forever.

#84 meambobbo

meambobbo

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1727 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

all this "why support a product when it's not bringing in new money?" talk is nonsense.  what happens when your customers feel like you're making a sub-optimal product and you don't care about their opinions?  how well does your next-gen product sell?

you think i'm going to buy an xbox one after my 360 broke 3 times?

i've had several generations of line 6 gear, and i'll probably never buy another.  I am still really impressed by the Pod HD, but there are so many bad design decisions and lots of things have never been fixed.  if you're going to limit your customers to your sub-par cabinet simulations, why not at least phase-align them?  all i have seen since I bought the unit has been excuses.

Pod HD Tone Guide and Patches

#85 DrFix

DrFix

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:35 AM

I keep reading about the fact that company won't make business in releasing upgrades because people wouldn't buy new products.

Well:

- I won't buy a l6 product anymore since they get abandoned just after the launch.

- Users saying so should remember that they're users and shouldn't care about company marketing strategy.

- We're not speaking about an amp, this is digital hardware, people buy it for playing, exploring, having fun and have new features to play with. Else I would have bought a solid state combo.

If they did model packs I would have bought them, but they're not even doing them....

#86 medievil1

medievil1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

works both ways though... if you are not loyal to the people that BUY your products, they will go to a different manufacturer.. we are not talking about a huge task here... if they are developing other products, then they are sampling and developing /redeveloping sims for amps.. how hard is it to use that new info that you are already writing code fro and compile it for any of the other products?

the hard task is the research, the coding once you have the metrics is relatively simple in comparison.

as it stands now, their bread and butter customers are not feeling the love o9r the need to go out and buy the next big thing from them and why should they? it could be buggy, take years to Fix and never offer anything new. The whole EQ situation alone proves that

I am talking about customer service and support. Specifically, for how long does it make sense to provide ongoing support for digital products? That's a critical business decision for any manufacturer of such products, because resources expended there are resources that are not available to develop new products to remain competitive with evolving technology.

Taken to its extreme you would have a company that produces a single good product, sells a bunch, decides to allocate all it's resources to providing free customer service and product support, maybe sells a few more units over time, and eventually goes out of business when the inherent technical limitations of it's now-obsolete product results in no revenues.

Of course that's an extreme example. But the point is that the resource allocation call (support of existing products vs. development of new products) is one of the most important business decisions a company must make. And they are in the best position to make that call. Not me, and not you. They will receive and consider user feedback to help them make the call. One can agree or disagree with them. But the fact that one disagree does not mean they are not listening, nor that they are making the wrong call. It simply means that one disagrees.

.... and no, I don't work for them.

#87 joel_brown

joel_brown

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

Atleast for me it's never been about brand loyalty anyway.  Whatever sounds and works the best is the one I buy.  When I bought the PODHD is was the best out there unless you wanted to spend 4 or 5 times more.  And from what I can tell that hasn't changed yet. 

Sure it'd be great if the PODHD had an EQ that didn't have the worse interface ever dreamed of, they supported user installable IRs, they had more amps modeled, etc...  but they don't and probably won't until someone like Digitech puts out there next product and gives Line6 a reason to step it up. 

#88 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

The only thing that they owe current owners is bug fixes not "free upgrades".  If the product works as advertised then they do not have to make it better once it's in production.  R&D will focus on new products.

#89 Inerzia

Inerzia

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

If L6 markets a product with certain present features and the promise of updates to come, it's just common sense that we, users, expect the present features to work and the updates to come.
Those updates may or may not contain anything considered an upgrade (that's up to the company) but are supposed to address lesser problems (big problems shouldn't exist in the first place, because that's what beta testing and QC are for).
Listening to our demands and valuing our opinions (% in Eq, separate output modes, etc)? They're not bound to do so. Though L6 has, for a long time, prided itself on doing so. "You asked for it" were we recently told...
Providing free upgrades? They're not bound to do so either, and they never said they would. Although what one would expect after seeing past lines of products evolve over time is that they would want to keep that kind of product/customer care going, and, in time, provide added value to our products. But those expectations were never backed by any official statement that I know of.
Let's not mix up our expectations (wild, wilder or reasonable) with their obligations.

#90 gunpointmetal

gunpointmetal

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

I would gladly pay for things like extra effects and model packs, but some things like the EQ bullsh1t, output mode silliness, and cabinet sim improvements (phase correct,editable) should be considered bug fixes and should have been taken care of right away..the EQ thing was probably the 10th post when they started a forum for the product, and probably one of the first five things mentioned on IdeaScale. I don't need the sh1t to be free, just available.

#91 AzolHD

AzolHD

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

Still waiting for Pod HD Desktp update, as it should finally fix the Tuner bug with Express board - has been waiting for over a year!

I fail to see the reason the fix is offered for HD Pro but not for an HD Desktop at the same time.

#92 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14828 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

because this fix basically had to do with the L6LINK which the desktop does not have.

Still waiting for Pod HD Desktp update, as it should finally fix the Tuner bug with Express board - has been waiting for over a year!

I fail to see the reason the fix is offered for HD Pro but not for an HD Desktop at the same time.

#93 AzolHD

AzolHD

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

because this fix basically had to do with the L6LINK which the desktop does not have.

From update notes:

"FBV Express mkII mode/Tuner support operates as expected"

FBV Express mkII connects to both HD Pro and HD Desktop via FBV link (aka RJ-45). L6LINK has nothing to do with this fix. Support knew about this issue for over a year, but now I am unsure if they would fix it for Desktop owners at all.

#94 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14828 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

you're assuming that the correction made here is the same issue as the desktop model....

From update notes:

FBV Express mkII connects to both HD Pro and HD Desktop via FBV link (aka RJ-45). L6LINK has nothing to do with this fix. Support knew about this issue for over a year, but now I am unsure if they would fix it for Desktop owners at all.

#95 AzolHD

AzolHD

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

you're assuming that the correction made here is the same issue as the desktop model....

Yes, because Tuner mode is broken in FBV Express MkII mode for both HD Pro and HD Desktop as well, it was reported many times. The platform is the same for both devices... shouldn't take another year to fix the bean.

Anyway, I am not holding my breath for it anymore... New cabs is an exciting idea, but fixing what's broken should be 1st priority. It's like the message to all the customers: "We do care".

#96 edhaywhat

edhaywhat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:09 PM

I could care less for new amp models or cabs. It would be for more simple if they gave the option to use your own cab IR sims via the edit program. POD HD PRO is "alright" right now as is. My wish list to make this product great is simple

User loaded CAB IR's and an overhaul of the EQ system. Like a 31 band global eq. Please L6 please please

I've been a loyal customer since the AX2 212

#97 rumrill1

rumrill1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

If you have a Stagesource speaker the update addresses a serious "issue": previously, the Master level on POD was disabled when a SS speaker was connected; you had to reach to the back of the speaker to adjust the master volume, so inconveniently located on the back of the SS speaker.

In the middle of a show this was a major pain in the butt, especially when the speaker was placed horizontally on the floor. Now the POD's master volume works as it should. You can quickly adjust master volume by merely bending over to reach your POD, instead of turning around & flipping a heavy speaker over.

If you don't have a SS speaker the update doesn't do much for you. . . 

#98 joel_brown

joel_brown

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

I agree with edhaywhat.  If Line6 let us have user loaded IRs and a normal looking EQ, hell I'd pay for that upgrade.  If anyone, including Line6 comes out with that feature at all, I'm buying it.  AXEFX has it but I can't justify spending $3000 for it.

#99 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:51 PM

I also agree with edhaywhat. this is the most needed resource!

#100 jjulien

jjulien

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

I have a POD XT Pro loaded with metal pack, FX Pack and Clasic pack. and a POD HD Pro any one wanna trade for an Axe Fx2?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users