#101 joel_brown

joel_brown

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hehe good luck with that.  That's like asking someone to trade you their Ferrari for your Honda Civic and Toyota Camry.

#102 GTLazer

GTLazer

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:38 AM

I don't normally bother with these lengthy threads about useless/useful updates, but I just wanted to say this:

I don't understand why anyone has any loyalty to a brand, or believes that a brand has any loyalty to them.

I buy things that do what I want them to do at the time of purchase.

They sell what they think people want and that will make them money.

It's not rocket science and it certainly has nothing to do with loyalty.

Incidentally, I'd consider paying serious coin for something that'll do custom IRs (from a WAV file) and has a global EQ (in Hz), but that's not because I'm annoyed that Line 6 haven't added everything I want to my current product, it's because the current product has taught me that those are the features I really want on my next piece of kit.

You like my answer? Hit the up arrow. You no like my answer? Hit the down arrow. Sorted.

#103 ArgyleSox

ArgyleSox

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

So this has to be my favorite update so far. Being a HD500 + DT50 user I am loving the new master volume attenuation feature added in this update. Up until now I have been using the Dr. Z Air Brake to attenuate the output volume of the DT50 amp allowing higher master gain settings at lower output volumes. The DT50 amp really comes to life (gets those tubes cooking) once you hit the 2-3 o'clock range on the amps master volume knob. Just tested my setup minus the Air Brake with the v2.2 update and WOW! Looks like the Air Brake may be going on Ebay soon. This will also be a handy feature when playing live.

For those of you that feel this update was a waste need to realize that its not all about you..... 

For those of us DT amp users thanks for the update just wish it had came sooner! 

#104 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

For those of you that feel this update was a waste need to realize that its not all about you..... 

For those of us DT amp users thanks for the update just wish it had came sooner! 

I'm glad some are happy with the update! Still it's about every user of the product. If the product is intended to be everything for every guitarist, then it has to address everything for everyone. If not, just make a modeler for those interested in AMP modeling as the focus. That's why I ,as many others, are looking at other products that focus on amp modeling. Eleven Rack is sweet and I bet that the new product from Digitech will also kick lollipop, and that might be because they don't have to worry about linking it to their own speaker or amps and using it as marketing tool to sell their other line of products. If you don't believe me go try the Eleven Rack at $300 without pro tools and you'll realize what I'm talking about.

#105 stumblinman

stumblinman

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

I'm glad some are happy with the update! Still it's about every user of the product. If the product is intended to be everything for every guitarist, then it has to address everything for everyone. If not, just make a modeler for those interested in AMP modeling as the focus. That's why I ,as many others, are looking at other products that focus on amp modeling. Eleven Rack is sweet and I bet that the new product from Digitech will also kick lollipop, and that might be because they don't have to worry about linking it to their own speaker or amps and using it as marketing tool to sell their other line of products. If you don't believe me go try the Eleven Rack at $300 without pro tools and you'll realize what I'm talking about.

2 shots!

#106 Metalchef

Metalchef

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

I agree with GTlazer. I am a DT 50 user as well so it helped but I can work with the eqs and such at this point I've learned to use my ear when Adjusting rather than a specific HZ and such which is what should be happening in the first place so yes while it does require a learning curve to master the eq set up but it's not a far reaching annoying impossibility and surely isn't worth me spending another $2000.00 dollars to go Fractal. I am satisfied with my tones and have not had a song or genre I or style this set up pop up that I haven't had this set up completely dominate the task and make it its lollipop.
Yes I hear the cries of the carrots.... For it is harvest day and to them it is the Holocaust..... So I say let the rabbits wear glasses....

#107 gunpointmetal

gunpointmetal

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

There is no logical argument for how the EQs are arranged. The fact that are "useable" does not make them good. I use my ears too, but I use my ears to determine a frequency range, and I want to be able to select it (or something close) without having to memorize a spreadsheet converting percents to hertz.

#108 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

Not being able to select a specific frequency or Q is the least problem of the EQ design. Terminology that refers to commonly used references in studio work, such as Hi, Low, Low mid etc are used yet you're expected to use your ears. Why even give the knobs names. Just leave the knobs blank  while your at it. Parametric EQ level seems to affect only the lonesome one parametric band but there's no level adjustment to compensate for reducing the highs or lows to retain similar volume levels between the edited and not edited! Really, why even call it parametric EQ.

If they had come up with a different name other than EQ, it would be understandable, like "Line 6 Monkey editor" and the parameters would be "butt" and you play with that and you find out it effects Bass frequencies, "hair", would effect high frequencies. The user interface will be a monkey with a banana in each ear....on second thought the monkey is already upgrading the firmware, so maybe it can be another animal or maybe a Neanderthal...

#109 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

So, santa pass and not any update present.... 

#110 MartinDorr

MartinDorr

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationArizona, U.S.A.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

So this has to be my favorite update so far. Being a HD500 + DT50 user I am loving the new master volume attenuation feature added in this update. Up until now I have been using the Dr. Z Air Brake to attenuate the output volume of the DT50 amp allowing higher master gain settings at lower output volumes. The DT50 amp really comes to life (gets those tubes cooking) once you hit the 2-3 o'clock range on the amps master volume knob. Just tested my setup minus the Air Brake with the v2.2 update and WOW! Looks like the Air Brake may be going on Ebay soon. This will also be a handy feature when playing live.

It's not my favorite but I think support for Master Volume to attenuate output is highly underated and VERY useful to any DT or power Amp user. For me it essentially opened up another effect slot and freed the pedal for dynamic volume changes or as a wah pedal. Before I had a trailing volume pedal whenever possible to adjust tone volume to venue (basically set once during sound check). Now the Master Volume does that job and I no longer have to mess with adjusting tones, the guitar, or the DT when I need the pedal for dynamic tone shaping. It basically removed my long pushed out need to buy an extra pedal, i.e., saved me $50 or more and a bunch of adjustment hassle that occasionally goes wrong.

Martin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users