Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Patch Download Not Working The Way I Thought It Would

talonmm

I am brand new to the HD500.  I have my amp set to a clean sound and love some of the built in set ups that the HD500 came with.

I want to get an Eddie Van Halen "Eruption" setting and was successful in creating a great delay sound.

I can't seem to figure out how to get a phase shifter setting, but then found some Eruption patches on the line6 download section.

I successfully downloaded them and put them in the edit software but the three versions I tried all lacked enough distortion, delay and phase shifting.  The sounds were OK but far from the classic sound I was looking for, in fact they are so far off something can't be right.

I searched the internet and can not find where the settings are located on the HD500 for phase shifting.

Any suggestions?

Thakns!

the person that created the patch probably had a different guitar... a different amp... different strings... different pod settings... different technique... etc

those downloads are ALWAYS just a starting point... no magic... 

i suggest tweaking the one that sounds closest to what you want and get the rest of the way there with your ears.

I only use HD edit but..under the effects in there - phasers & flangers are under the MOD tab

a different guitar... a different amp... different strings... different pod settings...

Thanks to both of you, this is a big help.  I knew the phasers and flangers were in there somewhere.

when you mention differnt pod settings.... I thought the patch would override all settings and start me with the exact same sound (realizing pickups, guitars, strings, etc. do make a difference).

Last, I am keeping my amp settings as clean as possible and letting the pd hd500 do all the work.  do most users add additional distortion and other settings from their amp, or do most get as clear a signal as possible?

the tone does not bring in the authors global settings... his output could be studio direct, or stack, combo, etc...

no avoid adding anything from the amp itself... in fact its best if you can go directly into the effects return on your amp... bypassing all the controls on your amp itself.

Thanks to both of you, this is a big help.  I knew the phasers and flangers were in there somewhere.

when you mention differnt pod settings.... I thought the patch would override all settings and start me with the exact same sound (realizing pickups, guitars, strings, etc. do make a difference).

Last, I am keeping my amp settings as clean as possible and letting the pd hd500 do all the work.  do most users add additional distortion and other settings from their amp, or do most get as clear a signal as possible?