#1 pboy76

pboy76

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Hi,

I have a variax 700 acoustic, powered by xps A/b box.

Now, the 9v AC 2000mA power supply used for xps doesn't work, and I would like to change it.

The xps needs 2000 mA to work, or I can use another power supply with handle less mA (such as some power supply like Cioks AC Rider, T-Rex Fuel Tank Goliath...)?

Thank you

#2 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

One thing that is unique about these power supplies is that they are AC.  If you replace it make sure the replacement is also AC!  I do not believe that you need 2000mA for the Variax.  Half that should be fine based on the battery run time.  DO NOT USE A DC POWER SUPPLY!

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15357 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

best to do a quick web search and get the original power supply... very common search for line6 PX2

#4 pboy76

pboy76

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thank you for your replies.

I know that AC is the most important element, but I would like to know if there are another methods to powering xps.

Some power supplies provide  9ac current (cioks AC rider, t-rex fuel tank goliath), but with less mA, so I don't sure that xps works properly.

#5 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

I think the reason they ship a 2000mA AC supply with the XPS is because they use that supply for many of the pods.  I know for sure that the XPS / Variax doesn't use anywhere new 2 amps.  If you have a 9VAC supply that is good for 1 amp (1000Ma) that will work.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: variax 700 acoustic, xps, power supply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users