#161 Monkey_Man

Monkey_Man

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Registered Products:8

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

Well, it appears that this is the first you've posted here since they switched the forums over. Everyone had to go through the same approval process when they made the switch even if they posted on the old forums. I don't remember exactly when they changed it. It's been over a year, I think.

A-ha! That x'plains it, mate. I've read regularly, at least every 1 or 2 weeks, but haven't posted in a while. Doh!

Fixed the avatar anyway. I mean, a man's gotta get his priorities right, no? LOL

Thank you again, Phil,

Nicky

EDIT: I just realised that this must also be why Safari asked if I wanted to save the password etc. I answered "no", 'cause it already has this info. I'm not sure if I should say yes or not. Hmm... suck it and see?

Mac MOTU DAW, Generic Synths, Guitar & Bass

#162 pianoguyy

pianoguyy

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1781 posts
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 27 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

Just because you aren't notified of the need for approval in other places, does not mean that it does not exist. They just aren't telling you.

And it sure would be nice if I could use 500edit on my Android Phone or Android Tablet to manage my Pod when not at home.

Even if it needs to be a '500 Lite' version that only allows for the import and export of patches, and not a full-fledged working program.

Something needs done. 

#163 Monkey_Man

Monkey_Man

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Registered Products:8

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

Wha... really? How sneaky!

I'm really not up with all this technology stuff; even on the music side I try to KISS, so I do find this a bit creepy. I s'pose "they're" making sure I'm not a "bot". Fair enough, but I fear I'm getting a little old for this stuff.

Thanks for that, pianoguyy.

Mac MOTU DAW, Generic Synths, Guitar & Bass

#164 toasterdude

toasterdude

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Locationsanto domingo
  • Registered Products:9

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

I also really like how the JTV integrates into the system; splitting the mags and models, for example, is my new thing. I love the sound of the variax mags through one amp model, into one DT, and the variax models into another amp model, and it's own DT. Balancing those sounds is killer, it just sounds stellar - both live from the amps, and through the XLR recording signal. A JTV is no slouch on price either - but, for the price of two Kemper's to get dual amp models, you could buy an HD500x, a JTV, two DT25's, and still have $500 left over.

I imagine Kemper + Stagesource sounds pretty stellar though! :) Get a pair of L3t's dialed in... OR even the L2t's, those little guys are loud and punchy, with really tight low end. Annoying fan noise... but that doesn't really matter if everything is going direct.

Once you start doing "dual tones" it is hard to go back. I can say both Axe and KPA are way easier to get great tones out of but Variax is a huge part of what I do so that a POD or two will likely be in my rig for a loooong time.