#1 CTXTom

CTXTom

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hi all!
I'm very new to line 6 gear.just picked up my hd500x which I'm pretty impressed with.Just lookin for some suggestions on live applications.Had my first rehersal today with the hd500x as my pre amp,plugged into a all tube 50 watt stereo power amp.Sounded quite good,just lookin for more thump,to push thru the stage type mix.Im thinking about the LT speakers,what would you suggest?We play pretty hard rock.I want the rest of the band to hear the guitar without any trouble,ect.Please give me your opinion on this.Thanks a ton guys! Tom

#2 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Seriously?  50 watt tube stereo power amp with the POD should be able to cut through anything...  What cab(s) are you using?

Also how is your POD set up?  Make sure switches by the expression pedal are set to guitar, not pad and line, not amp.  Keep POD master up all the way and use your amp volume to set final level.  You can also play around with lower POD master/higher amp levels too.  Set input to 1-guitar, 2-same.  If that is too hot, set 2 to mic and try it again.  Play around with outputs but I find Combo Power Amp to work really nice with my Velocity 300 into a stereo 2X12 guitar cab.  Stack Power is harsh to me and both front settings are too thin.  Studio Direct works good too but is almost too polished for good rock guitar.

After all that if you still want to change, go with the T vice M models just because you will enjoy the versatility over time.  As for volume, well bigger is still better but maybe not needed depending on where you play.  You will have to try them out first if at all possible...

As for the rest of the band hearing you, that depends more on the sound tech and the monitor mix... more important that the audience hears you...  :)

Edit: if you were just talking about monitors, they would be perfect!

l6+sig+pic-1.png   

#3 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:17 PM

Look on youtube http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GZS-1JGkmQU [this is with the hd500] to see some videos on this my opinion would be to get the L2T [800 watts] or real over the top with the L3T [1400 watts] and use the "L 6 link" and you will have the best tones because they work together to model amps and FX, I was thinking of getting the hd500x since I have the dream stage the T models have mixer options and the M models don't so there is a little more flexibility for not a lot more $$$

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpKvJgWxGDQ this is a better one with the HD500X and the DT25 VS L2T

May you be blessed and our Lord Jesus keep you!!!

#4 CTXTom

CTXTom

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:44 AM

Yeah as far as cabinets go I have 2 vintage ADA 1x12 cabinets at 8 ohms that I'm currently running.Was thinking on trying to get my hands on a 4x12 and see if it changes things.

#5 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

...the T models have mixer options and the M models don't so there is a little more flexibility for not a lot more $$$...

No, no, no !

Don't let Tom get his hands on the "T" versions of either StageSource speaker.

You (of all people) should know how highly addictive they are when L6-Linked to an HD500x.

Before you know it, he'll have abandoned his family ...and sold everything, just to get more of the DreamStage rig.

...It's a depressing story, but becoming increasingly common...

:rolleyes:  :lol:

#6 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:03 AM

INDEED it is!!! 

May you be blessed and our Lord Jesus keep you!!!

#7 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yeah as far as cabinets go I have 2 vintage ADA 1x12 cabinets at 8 ohms that I'm currently running.Was thinking on trying to get my hands on a 4x12 and see if it changes things.

well by all means borrow a 4X12 cab and try it out.  See what happens, how it sounds.  Check all your current options and settings before you make the jump.  Once you decide to get the L2/3T you will probably never turn back...  Hopefully that power amp and cabs can help finance the change...   :lol:

l6+sig+pic-1.png   

#8 PaulJam

PaulJam

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

Don't let Tom get his hands on the "T" versions of either StageSource speaker.

You (of all people) should know how highly addictive they are when L6-Linked to an HD500x.

Hi,

Are there any advantages of the T version over the M version when using the Line6Link to hook up the POD?

The signal flow schematic (from the specifications document http://line6.com/support/manuals/l2t) suggests that the additional mixer functions are only available when using the analog inputs.

#9 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

I have an L2T, and as far as I can see so far, the additional features are NOT available for signals on the L6 link , as you said, only for the inputs for the mixer. That being said, if you ever want to do an acoustic or duo/small group thing, the mixer and added features are a big plus. You might be able to avoid using an external mixer altogether. That's worth it for me, but if you're never going to use it, you could go with an "M" version. 

#10 PaulJam

PaulJam

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

Thanks for the clarification.

#11 axslingerMT

axslingerMT

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

I've been messing with my newly acquired Lt2 for a few days now.  I will use it to replace my guitar amp behind me on stage . I use a different modeling pedal and the sound is incredible. Plus when you get your levels good enough for the Lt2, simply xlr out to mains and it should be good to go. It goes from bedroom level to LOUD!   One thing i have found fyi:  there is that accoustic mode in channel one.  I didnt even try it until a while ago, i just used channel 2. I play mostly hard rock.  Holy cow, have you ever heard one of those BBE sonic maximizers?  It is real close to that.  I hit the switch on and off to compare, and verdict.... that switch is staying on.   Anyway, great speaker, I've been playing for 30 years and my sound now is sweeter than it ever was.

#12 dbagchee

dbagchee

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

axslingerMT, would you consider the Lt2 a straight replacement for a 4x12 and 50 tube watts? For stage monitor and for those situations where the cabinet is not mic'd up?

I run an open mic so am considering the Lt2 for that but if I could use it instead of 4X12 and tube amp (our drummer is insanely loud) for the band shows that would be killer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users