Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Ux1 Question

Ok so I have bought Line6 UX1 few days ago and I have some questions about it.

Before I bought it, I have used ASIO4ALL when I was recording with my Cubase 5.

Now the problem that I've encoutnered is, when I bought UX1 I have changed my device, instead of ASIO4ALL I have put Asio UX1, and the sound and latency are great, but when I try loading Superior drummer my sound starts stuttering.

I have then come up with solution to use ASIO4ALL but instead of my onboard sound card I select UX1 as an input device.

So my question is, is it a good way to use it like that, and is there maybe a solution to stop getting that stuttering sound when I load Superior drummer?

Hope I was clear enough and thanks in advance!

Hey silver, thanks for your reply.

I have done that. On 512 the stuttering disappears, but then I'm encoutering another problem, my latency is too high. But on 128 no latency but big stuttering, and on 256 it's like 50/50, little latency and little stuttering.

I forgot to mention that.

yes... you lose all the benefits of a real ASIO driver...

which include error correction against digital artifacts and synchronized audio inputs and outputs.

ASIO4ALL emulates this by using reverse engineered software...

whereas real ASIO drivers address the hardware to specific specifications.

basically ASIO4ALL will not be true to the point of a proper ASIO driver (and any latency numbers etc are purely fabricated)

will it work... sure... that's the idea... ASIO4ALL was created to work with cards that didn't have ASIO drivers...

i do not recommend it if you have a proper manufacturer provided ASIO driver available.

I have just one more last question for what I explained in my first post.

Am I losing anything if I'm using ASIO4ALL together with UX1 or not?

Thanks!