#1 Profett

Profett

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

High,

how can connect variax with xlr cable (acoustic modus) into m20d. I inserted xlr into mic channel 12 but there is no sound. No level to be seen and auto trim says no signal. but I see the green button beside the xlr symbol beside input 12 blinking when playing guitar. So what do I do wrong?

My aim is to get a good sound with variax acoustic models without pod xt  just variax an m20d to decrease technical overload.

Profett

#2 Profett

Profett

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

Can someone help me?

#3 LDBecker

LDBecker

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles area

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

Just an absolute newbie here... But the Variax signal coming out of the Variax guitar is digital- it has to go through something to convert it to analog- or , if you don't want to use a POD, you would have to just use the quarter inch jack with a normal guitar cable to go into the m20d. There isn't a digital interface for the Variax guitar in this, or any, mixer. I have a POD HD 500x and would have to plug into that to access patches, then XLR out to the mixer.

Since you don't want to use a POD, why don't you want to use a regular guitar cord in Variax mode. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Larry

#4 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2754 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

I'm not the guitar guy ... but I've never seen an XLR output on a Variax.  There's an RJ-45 which has the same shell as an XLR but as Larry said about that is not an audio output.

#5 Profett

Profett

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:15 PM

my variax 300 uses the line6 xps footswitch that provides the guitar with power and serves as DI Box. The footswitch has a 1/4'' Jack and a XLR jack for output signal that can directly be plugged into an amp. So there is an audio signal coming out.

#6 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2754 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

Ahhh ... from a breakout box  ;)

The breakout box as I recall is an A/B box and only one output is active at a time.  So if the 1/4" has signal the XLR does not and visa-versa.  So you might try switching that around.  If you still don't get output I guess you'll need service to look at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users