Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why Is Clean Setting So Quiet?

dharrington99

I've got the channel volume all the way up, I've adjusted the level to +12 dB, but no matter what, the preloaded songs, the microphone, the other guitar settings like metal and crunch are WAY louder - makes it really hard to use the clean setting at all, which is too bad, because i like to lay a rhythm with an acoustic guitar. When i do so, I have to turn the master volume up so high that there is a lot of hiss and turn whatever other tracks i'm adding way down in order to get any sort of balance. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

This is the Spider Jam - support acknowledges that it is quieter... not sure yet if there is a fix in the works or anything. They suggest turning up master volume and levels on anything else way down - but when you record anything it makes it sound like crap because you have so much hiss.

Toneman - I assume you mean sticking a pedal between the guitar and the amp?

fx ... maybe i don't understand what you mean by that. Sure, I can make the guitar sound like metallica or a hundred other things, but those are all much louder than the clean setting. If you want a clean sound (like for an acoustic guitar that you want to sound like it really does) then it's super quiet.

What you have to do is adjust the volumes for each channel and save them when they are all about the same level. A dirty model is gonna be louder than a clean model, turn it down a bit and save it then switch to your clean channel and turn it up a bit and save it. It takes a little back and forth but once its set you wont notice that big volume drop. Having all your channel volumes set so there are no drops you can then just adjust the master volume when you want everything louder or quieter. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...