7 replies to this topic

#1 dharrington99

dharrington99

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

I've got the channel volume all the way up, I've adjusted the level to +12 dB, but no matter what, the preloaded songs, the microphone, the other guitar settings like metal and crunch are WAY louder - makes it really hard to use the clean setting at all, which is too bad, because i like to lay a rhythm with an acoustic guitar. When i do so, I have to turn the master volume up so high that there is a lot of hiss and turn whatever other tracks i'm adding way down in order to get any sort of balance. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

#2 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:53 AM

which amp? boost the volume with fx. 

I'M SO HAPPY!

#3 dharrington99

dharrington99

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

This is the Spider Jam - support acknowledges that it is quieter... not sure yet if there is a fix in the works or anything. They suggest turning up master volume and levels on anything else way down - but when you record anything it makes it sound like crap because you have so much hiss.

Toneman - I assume you mean sticking a pedal between the guitar and the amp?

#4 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2741 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

that would do it. but doesn't the amp have built in fx

I'M SO HAPPY!

#5 dharrington99

dharrington99

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

fx ... maybe i don't understand what you mean by that. Sure, I can make the guitar sound like metallica or a hundred other things, but those are all much louder than the clean setting. If you want a clean sound (like for an acoustic guitar that you want to sound like it really does) then it's super quiet.

#6 daydreamin7677

daydreamin7677

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

What you have to do is adjust the volumes for each channel and save them when they are all about the same level. A dirty model is gonna be louder than a clean model, turn it down a bit and save it then switch to your clean channel and turn it up a bit and save it. It takes a little back and forth but once its set you wont notice that big volume drop. Having all your channel volumes set so there are no drops you can then just adjust the master volume when you want everything louder or quieter. 

#7 dharrington99

dharrington99

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

thanks, that's a good idea...

#8 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

You could try setting the Guitar Boost (in the "Guitar Gate/Boost" settings screen) to "ON" also.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "The Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: settings, clean, volume

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users