#1 chalky65

chalky65

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hi,

Anyone else having a problem with Monkey not connecting to the Line 6 server?  Started happening about a week ago.  I have to download updates directly from website in interim and upload manually which is a drag.

No problem with my internet connection and can log into my Line 6 account via Monkey but it's saying it can't connect to the server to check for updates??

Chris

#2 dsthomas

dsthomas

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

I think 100s are having problems. Myself included. I wish Line 6 would just reply

#3 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:54 PM

Same here. Lots of people having this issue now. No official notice from Line 6 about an interruption of service that I have seen. Would be nice to know what is going on with connection problems to their server.

#4 chalky65

chalky65

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

Apparently after talking with Line 6 support they say it's a problem with the European servers as US seems OK and they've had a number of complaints but only from Europe.  Think they're going to have a look into it but the more of us that complain, the quicker they may do so!

#5 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:07 AM

US is Definitely NOT OK. I am in US and have not been able to connect for the last week. I also just went to "Line6 Ideascale" and that's down as well.

#6 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

I just opened up a service ticket for this. Don't know if it's the right way to address this or not, but I don't think we can count on Line 6 scouring the forums to find out about this. I will post something when I get a response.

#7 robcanrock1

robcanrock1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:27 AM

I am based within the UK and can say I'm having trouble too, surely theres a support email to contact? I mean I'm going to be honest my POD is working fine was just the odd check up

#8 joshuacook

joshuacook

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

I can't connect, Monkey can't connect to my XT Live (though License Manager can) or my HD300 (neither can License Manager).

#9 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

I just tried monkey, and it did connect this time. Maybe the server connection problem is fixed now. Try it again.

#10 chalky65

chalky65

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

I was advised by Line 6 to clear out everything in the Monkey folder on my Mac which did the trick!

#11 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

I didn't hear anything like that from Line 6, and I submitted a support ticket for this problem. As I said in a previous post, I was able to connect again as of last night. There are a few strange things though - monkey shows I have later version of the Variax editor than it has listed as the latest available. Also, the Variax HD (Editor) doesn't show up at all in the list, even though it's loaded & operational - I don't actually remember if it showed up on that list before the service interruption.

I was advised by Line 6 to clear out everything in the Monkey folder on my Mac which did the trick!

What folder exactly are you talking about here? I also use a Mac. Is there a "Monkey" folder under the "Line 6" folder in the "Applications" folder? Or is the folder you're referring to in a different location???

#12 chalky65

chalky65

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

I print below the reply I received from Line 6 about the Monkey problem and the fix that worked for me on my Mac:-

Sorry for the inconvenience with Line 6 Monkey. Can you try deleting the contents of the following folder:

Users/(YourUserName)/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Line 6 Monkey

Make sure that you don't know have any of the Line 6 applications open and running when you delete these files. After moving them to your trash and emptying your trash, re-launch Line 6 Monkey and try again to connect and download your available updates.

If you still receive the error message, please take a screen shot making sure to move the error dialog box out of the way so we can see the software list and the ESN displayed by Line 6 Monkey. Also, can you attach the files that are located in the folder to this ticket as well:

Users/(YourUserName)/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Line 6 Monkey

Regards,

Line6Hugo

#13 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hey Chalky65,

Thanks for passing this on! B)  I will try it tonight.

#14 chalky65

chalky65

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:50 PM

No problem, hope it works for you!

#15 drdr

drdr

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

i just tried the fix suggested on Dec. 4, and it didn't work. I'm still getting error message 8001030 Invalid XML token ... can anyone help?

#16 fefiguer

fefiguer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

I have the same problem with the invalid xml token

#17 jamesprevallet

jamesprevallet

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:56 AM

I'm getting this same error on my windows 8 tablet with Monkey.  Any ideas how to clear the XML Token error?  I'd like to update the firmware on my POD XT Pro.

JP

#18 pstarpat

pstarpat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

try going to line 6 website and downloading the new monkey drivers.........especially for windows 8.......wont work without it...

:)

#19 pstarpat

pstarpat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

are you using windows 8?.....that was my problem with the studio gx

#20 fefiguer

fefiguer

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

I found that the update from the app is not working properly. I uninstalled the update tool and re-installed the latest version from the line6 web site. That fixed my problem.

#21 kobusmuller

kobusmuller

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:53 PM

What a piece of crap divice. Cant get it to work. My spyware, Pop  up blockers and antivirus is turned off and STILL it gives a connection error. Just purchased it yesterday. NO THANKS they cant take it back and maybe still work on it and when they are proffesional enough to release a product i will considder to buy it again!

#22 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5146 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:51 AM

@ kobusmuller

What device do you have?

If you are having issues you can post in the forum related to your device, or contact Line6 directly.

The community will more than gladly help you get on with you gear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users