3 replies to this topic

#1 dej991

dej991

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

I have developed some patches that i really enjoy playing.  My question is how to "boost" them with a foot switch for a lead or solo part?  I am not interested in using the expression pedal for volume in this situation as i am using it for a wah.

i would like to assign a foot switch (FS1 through FS4) to give a "volume boost.

thanks,

DJ

#2 Metalchef

Metalchef

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:21 PM

I use the Q Filter. It allows me the ability to boost in the frequency range of my choice. Also the Tube Comp set at 100% threshold and 0% level. Also try Adjusting the vetta juice comp. If u are still not happy use an eq such as the Studio Eq at default high and low and boost the gain. (never tried this one for myself just have seen it mentioned. Never had to go past the Q Filter). I also like the Mid Focus EQ.
Yes I hear the cries of the carrots.... For it is harvest day and to them it is the Holocaust..... So I say let the rabbits wear glasses....

#3 guitarno

guitarno

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

If you're not already using it for something else, plug a short jumper cable from the FX loop send to the FX Loop L/Mono return, and put an FX Loop block in your patch. Set the send to 0 DB, and the return to whatever DB of boost you want. Assign that to any foot switch for a clean boost for solos. Put it at the end of the chain if you want a plain clean boost, or in front of an amp or dist pedal to drive them harder if you want more gain.

#4 dej991

dej991

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

thanks Guys!  I'm going to try both of these ideas later this week (when work is not so busy).

Thanks again!

DJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users