Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport Gx Not Working Well With Mavericks?

Hi all,

I recently bought the newly released 15 inch MacBook Pro that comes with Mavericks. I tried to use my good old Toneport GX on software like GarageBand and Logic Pro X, but it seems like I'm getting static noises throughout my guitar recordings. I've tried changing settings like buffer rate, but the problem still persists.

The weirdest thing is, I hear absolutely zero static when I plug it in my older MacBook, which is a 2008 white 13 inch on OS X Lion 10.7.5.

Could this be an OS vs hardware compatibility problem? Please advise.

Thanks!

I'm having a very similar issue. When I try to use my Toneport UX2 with Logic Pro X or Garageband on Mavericks I'm getting random pops/clicks which disturb the recording. It is really bad when on the lower buffer settings, but still persists even when on the highest, often ruining some good recordings! Like you say, this didn't happen on my old Macbook.

I phoned Apple Support and they told me it was more than likely a driver / compatibility issue between the Line 6 device and Mavericks...

• 1 month later...

Same issue after in-place upgrade to Mavericks. I noticed that the static was actually embedded into a test recording with Logic X. I reinstalled both the latest drivers and Pod Farm 2 software. Strangely, I get no static when using the standalone Pod Farm, but I do with the standalone Waves GTR Solo, which is why I believe it's an issue with the driver and not the OS

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same aggressive static issue with the Toneport UX2 when talking into the microphone running Mavericks, operates fine on the old iMac. Clearly a driver issue & their updates have still not rectified it as I just updated again. 

Line6 may have been a market leader 10 years ago, but if they cannot build a driver for something so key to recording on Mavericks (which has been out for some time now) they are clearly falling off with their quality. Their support is inexistent & I have decided I will be buying a new interface from a different manufacturer & I will never be using a Line6 product again. I suggest the same to all.

This is a user forum that Line6 rarely monitors.

For technical support I would submit I ticket. If it is a bug related solely to Line6 drivers, the more tickets submitted the more info they will have to go on.

For the record the Mavericks driver problems are not limited to Line6 devices.

And there are plenty of users using Mavericks with UX2 with no issues.

• 4 weeks later...