Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podhd500 Connection

Here's the question. My Guitarist wants to buy a Pod500 and need to know how he can connect it to the M20d via L6link from the pod. The problem is the L6link from the M20d is presently being used to drive the FOH L3ts (4 spkrs.)

If he connects to the input of the mixer on the L3t will it be in the mix of the recording being done on the M20d via an SD card?

Pretty sure you'll just have to plug him in with XLR's into the M20D there is a preset that is in the icon line that is for an Pod HD500, when you plug it in to two of the inputs of the M20D one right after the other without hesitation there will be a small icon that pops up asking if you want to join them as a stereo link click on that and then pick the preset for the HD 500... Pretty sure this will be your best bet

Thanks a lot for your input. I will let my Guitar Player know. I have watched some demos on YouTube and the sounds in the Pod are awesome. I do hope my Guitarist buys a one.

Have him check out the Avid Eleven Rack as well that is what I use and the amp models are stellar, the tones I get with it are phenomenal and you get pro tools to boot.... I am intrigued by the HD 500 and the Variax and I would love to check them out in person but the GC in my part of town doesn't stock them.

I connect my HD500 to the M20d using one of the two stereo line input channel pairs on the M20d. These are Channels 13/14 and/or 15/16. I use the 1/4" HD500 outputs to these inputs, and assign the M20d HD500 preset as described above. Set the HD500 output mode to Studio/Direct, and use Full rather than Pre amp models in the HD500 presets.

This forum is really excellent. You guys are so helpfull. This kind of information would never be found in a Manual. Kudos to Line 6 for establishing this Forum. Many thanks for the suggestions and would definitely encourage my Guitar Player to check out these forums.

• Upvote 1