3 replies to this topic

#1 mcbeastly

mcbeastly

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

I'm a bit concerned about possibly overloading/driving the inputs on my L2t.  The manual says the LEDs (variously located) turn green when a signal is present or flash red when clipping or limiting is occurring.  Unless I have the output on my instruments or POD HD300 set very low indeed, my LEDs show amber.  Amber is not mentioned anywhere in the manual so I have no idea if this is good, bad or indifferent.

It's the same if I use the RCA style line in with an external sound source (mp3 player for example) - the LED is amber.

I'm guessing amber is okay because the L2t would be a very quiet unit indeed if all the inputs stayed green.  Presumably red means turn down the input!

Any advice?

Cheers

David

#2 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

Do you have your input sensitivity on your speaker set to unity or 12 o'clock at the notch? The speakers have a built-in limiter and the red means that they're limiting so it will not blow the speakers.

May you be blessed and our Lord Jesus keep you!!!

#3 mcbeastly

mcbeastly

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

The input sensitivity (I presume you are referring to the 2 mixer input gains) is at about 9 o'clock (ie, hardly on).  That's with the pad engaged.   Maybe I have a spectacularly high line output on my POD HD300?

#4 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11460 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

If your HD300 output is set to Line I suggest you use the Line Level inputs on the rear panel of the L2t. The Channel Mixer inputs on the L2t are designed for Instrument/Mic level inputs.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: l2t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users