3 replies to this topic

#1 telecastermark

telecastermark

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:08 AM

I have got a JTV 69 in July this year to replace a JTV 59. I used a lot of the models from the 59 for recording but thought that the 69 would work better for also using live, I use the trems quite a bit.

I got a 69 and the model selector switch was not working and loose so i tightened a nut inside (as much as i could without taking it apart) it is now not loose but does not alway engage or needs a really firm push to activate.  Not really the best solution for live work.  

Also the model sounds all have a sitar like buzzing overtone to them and nothing like the 59.

I have tried Line 6 support via the ticket route and was told to talk to the dealer.  Did that and still waiting for help 8 weeks down the line. Tried phoning Line 6 UK.  Held on for 10 mins even though I was told that I was No.1 in the que.

Is it me or is Line 6 support really bad.  It is now starting to lollipop me off that I have so much money invested in a guitar that I cant use.  It is also making me think negatively about Line 6 products.  I am not a moaner but expect prompt customer service in the event of something not working properly. 

Has anyone had this experience with a 69, is the overtones due to the Trem where the 59 was a hardtail? 

#2 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:39 AM

Also the model sounds all have a sitar like buzzing overtone to them and nothing like the 59...

it could be frets buzzing due to a too low string action..

also the pickups too close to the strings can cause strange resonances..

#3 telecastermark

telecastermark

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

Thanks, I am pretty good at setting up guitars and can do all the usual relief, action, balanacing the trem & intonation adjustments

I dont get any buzzing when playing with the magnetic pickups on a clean amp.  It definately sounds like it is something to do with the Piezo pickup or modeling softwear.

#4 Rewolf48

Rewolf48

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

The model selector not engaging was a relatively common problem because the shaft was too short - pull the knob off put a little bit of paper inside to make the hole a bit shorter and put it on again.

For rubbish modelling first thing to try is to re-flash the JTV (twice according to L6 process docs), then look at the global string volumes as some people (me included) have found that reducing to -6db or so per string really helps.

The other thing you may have is resonance of the trem springs which are supposed to be damped by a little bit of material inside them - check you have this in place 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jtv69, model selector switch, buzzing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users