3 replies to this topic

#1 aggravation

aggravation

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

If I use one of the midi managers to change the preamps in my DT25 am I free to have any preamp in any of the 8 locations as the default preamp when using the amp without the HD500? Or is there some/any part of the topology mandated by position?

Another question, if I use the manager to also set the outside parameters for each location, drive, bass, treble, middle, etc, etc. will those settings be in play when first switching to a new position ie; I, II, III, IV, until the amps knobs are moved?

#2 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

If you use one of the DT Editors to rearrange your DT you can assign any preamp to any position and the changes you make will be remembered,  However, drive, bass, treble, middle, etc, will NOT be remembered and are determined by the physical setting of the knobs at all times.  The only way to "remember" those positions is by using a connected POD HD...

Picture4.png

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15473 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

its for this reason that i tend to use channel A for my lower gain stuff and B for the higher gain stuff...

otherwise a topo change can take yer friggin head off.

If you use one of the DT Editors to rearrange your DT you can assign any preamp to any position and the changes you make will be remembered,  However, drive, bass, treble, middle, etc, will NOT be remembered and are determined by the physical setting of the knobs at all times.  The only way to "remember" those positions is by using a connected POD HD...

#4 Metalchef

Metalchef

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Listen to Real Zap he delivers the gospel. I made this mistake but it is easily fixed.
Yes I hear the cries of the carrots.... For it is harvest day and to them it is the Holocaust..... So I say let the rabbits wear glasses....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users