2 replies to this topic

#1 bruiseofsociety

bruiseofsociety

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:05 AM

It used to be, that I could change which stage the volume control actually effect, pre and post stages. pre would control volume, post would control tone, this was with a spider valve that actually did this with, is this possible with the pod hd pro?

#2 radatats

radatats

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1036 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

My experience is that it does the same thing in either place.  I know you would think logically that it would affect gain staging early in the signal path but that is not what I see... It is just volume in either place... 

I generally just map the Channel Volume to the expression pedal instead and save an FX block and some DSP... :)

Picture4.png

#3 ftuller

ftuller

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

I use the volume pedal at the beginning of the chain and in that spot it reduces the gain a little bit in addition to reducing volume. I have it assigned to exp-1 and use it for swells (the slight gain redcution/increase makes for a nice swell tone). I also use exp-1 volume pedal when I want to quickly cut off the volume.

Exp-2 is assigned to amp volume (max 40, min 35) and I use that when I want a slight drop in volume but no change in tone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: volume

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users