2 replies to this topic

#1 therath1

therath1

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:39 PM

I just received my JTV-69 and I received two cables with it. One was a standard usb cable, and the other is a breakout box which says "variax in" on one side, and usb on the other. the "variax in" port is like a data connection cable and the out is standard midi.  Is the breakout box just for connecting an hd500, vetta, etc., and does the output of the variax double as a standard usb port? The pilot's guide does not give an explanation of how to connect the guitar to a computer and there is no advanced guide. Do I have to buy another cable to make this work? 

thanks in advance,

Chris

Attached Files

#2 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1106 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

You also need a Variax VDI cable that connects the JTV to the little black box!  It should have come with your guitar.  It is a cat5 cable with a special end on the Variax end.  The black box is your USB interface that you use to connect to your computer's usb port.  You are missing the VDI calbe though.

#3 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2764 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 09 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

The VDI cable is a RJ-45 network cable with a special Neutrik shield on one end to protect the guitar.  You can use a standard CAT-5 or CAT-6 RJ-45 cable without the Neutrik shield, but be extremely careful not to get it stuck in the guitar.

One other thing, make sure that you also have a cable plugged into the 1/4" jack when updating in order to activate the battery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users