Photo

Hd500 Tuner Not Accurate

pod hd500 tuner not accurate not tuning hd 500

Best Answer Ball_ed , 17 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hey guys,

I smacked on a fresh set of strings, had the intonation set & no longer have an issue with the G String. All 3 x tuners are reading approximately the same thing which is acceptable from what I've read in these forums.

Moral of my story is "don't sit on a set of strings for 6 months waiting for one to break, before changing them over"

Thanks to all who replied to this post, it was from your answers I was able to make the world a better place.

Rock On.....

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2713 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

But if the tuner is incorrect pressing a "g" on any other string on the guitar, most probably your hd is a case for the service centre"

OF COURSE! why didn't anyone else think of that, ...check the g note on another string. brilliant! :)

I'M SO HAPPY!

#22 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Another confirmation is when I play harmonics to tune between the 'D' & 'G', this also shows inaccurate tuning with HD500 but not the other 2 tuners

Tuning by harmonics is incorrect.

http://www.schrof.ne.../harmonics.html

Listen to my band here:

#23 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

I often tune using a tuner then fine tune to eliminate the 'beats'.

Since I usually play power chords I'll pluck the both the low E string open while fretting the B on the A string, second fret (or any power chord) then fine tune the A string while the E string is still ringing till the beats are eliminated.

Then do the same with A string and G string fretted on 2nd fret and so on.

With G & B strings I'll fret A & D (2nd & 3rd fret respectively) and with B & E strings I'll fret D & G (both on 3rd fret) as these are the fingerings I tend to use.

s

Listen to my band here:

#24 Ball_ed

Ball_ed

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:46 PM   Best Answer

Hey guys,

I smacked on a fresh set of strings, had the intonation set & no longer have an issue with the G String. All 3 x tuners are reading approximately the same thing which is acceptable from what I've read in these forums.

Moral of my story is "don't sit on a set of strings for 6 months waiting for one to break, before changing them over"

Thanks to all who replied to this post, it was from your answers I was able to make the world a better place.

Rock On.....

#25 StephenSLR

StephenSLR

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

http://guitar.about....nge_strings.htm

s

Listen to my band here:

#26 gchaddock1972

gchaddock1972

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

I am a piano tuner and a guitar player. One thing I'v come to from my work as a tuner is understanding the equal temperament. There is a compromise when tuning instruments. The guitar is mostly fourths. Except when tuning g and b. Then it's a third. In the equal temperament thirds are not pure. What that means is there is a wave or vibration when playing g and b together at the same time. If you play e and a it sounds pure and both notes have no wave when played together. g and b should vibrate at around 7 to 8 beats per second. This wave sound always drove me nuts till I started tuning pianos and understood the equal temperament.

The reason I'm sharing this with you is because it may bring some understanding as to the difference in tuners. Maybe they have adjusted the temperament in the tuner for guitar vs any instrument.

#27 gchaddock1972

gchaddock1972

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

any time you fret there is a slight chance you will pull the note sharp.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod hd500, tuner, not accurate, not tuning, hd 500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users