Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual Paths Using Dt25 And L3t

Can anyone tell me the best way to route a patch so that it bypasses either the DT25 or the L3t?

I want to set up patches so that I can get a great electric tone solely through the DT25 on one patch and then a great acoustic tone routed solely through the L3t on the adjacent patch.

I have sort of achieved it by using a dual path set up and reducing/increasing the volume on each path to zero/maximum.

The above works ok, but the L3t speaker mode does not seem to be saved with the patch and I wondered if there was a better way.

I believe this should be possible if you use L6 link.  You should be able to MUTE either the DT25 or the L3t on the respective patch in the L6 Link Audio settings for that patch.  See the HD500 Advanced Guide v2.10 p2-17. 

Quoted text  from manual follows ....

Choose Mute to silence any connected DT amp/StageSource speaker. This is handy, for example, if you are L6 LINK-connected to both a DT amp and StageSource speaker.* You can save some POD HD Presets with the StageSource set to "Mute" to allow an electric guitar tone to be heard through DT amp only - and other Presets with the DT amp set to "Mute" for an acoustic tone to be heard from the StageSource speaker only. Even better, if you use a Line 6 Variax guitar, these electric & acoustic guitar settings can be saved with your POD HD Preset as well!

End QUOTED TEXT

That is an interesting observation.  I too want a L2T to use possibly in conjunction with my DT-25 but have been hearing differing results about pairing them with L6 link.  That is cool that you can link them and then mute one or the other.  However, the DT forces the POD to Stack Power or Stack Combo so I don't know how that will sound when sent to the L2T.  As I understand it, there is no way to override that either.  I have tried using my DT and my regular power amp and the power amp sounds like crap as soon as I turn on the DT.  I sure wish Line 6 would publish a separate L6 link reference manual now that there are so may items that can be linked together and controlled this way so we can see how they all interact and how best to set them up.

• 1 month later...

radatats - I have an L3t and DT25.  If you select the Electric Guitar speaker mode on the L2/3 it sounds good with the POD set to Stack Power amp output mode.  My issue is that I am on the latest POD HD firmware (2.20), and the speaker mode doesn't seem to be saved with my POD patches.  It always seems to stay set on the last selected speaker mode which is fine if you're playing electric guitar all the time, but I want it to switch over to acoustic sometimes.

• Upvote 1

radatats - I have an L3t and DT25.  If you select the Electric Guitar speaker mode on the L2/3 it sounds good with the POD set to Stack Power amp output mode.  My issue is that I am on the latest POD HD firmware (2.20), and the speaker mode doesn't seem to be saved with my POD patches.  It always seems to stay set on the last selected speaker mode which is fine if you're playing electric guitar all the time, but I want it to switch over to acoustic sometimes.

Have you seen this thread: http://line6.com/support/topic/3218-which-amp-to-add-to-pod-x3live-and-jtv/

Where Andy Paredes states this:

the HD amp modeling has ~10x the data of the X3 modeling, I  notice this most on the "mid-gain" tones with amps like the deluxe, Dr. Z, etc.  Either the HD500/X or the X3 will work great with the L2 using the XLR output of either POD and going into the L2 on "reference" (flat response).  the HD500/X will also give the option of the L6 link, which can "remember" the speaker setting with the preset and is great if you want to switch between electric guitar mode and acoustic mode with the touch of a button.

Have you got the latest fw on everything?  And does it still not work like that?

I remember reading somewhere that the trick with HD500 remembering DT and L2 settings via L6 link is to ensure the patch is saved on the HD500 whilst connected to the DT or L2 in the required mode.

Unfortunately I do not have an L2 to confirm if that is the case.  But Andy Paredes comment certainly makes it clear that swapping from electric to acoustic mode on an L2 via L6link can be done with the touch of a button on an HD500.

So just wondering if that really is the case?     Thanks.

I think Andy has said he just uses the L series for acoustic.  I have tested and my L3 will save the speaker mode with the patch it if is connected directly to the POD, but not with the POD > DT25 > L3 as per the recommendation in the manual.  I have also tried POD > L3 > DT, and the speaker mode is saved but the DT topology isn't.,  I guess the only way at present is to connect the L3 via XLR out and use the full range setting as per Andy's recommendation.

Cheers.