#1 levisourdiesel

levisourdiesel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hi there rescently purchased a HD147, great amp , great features,but im having a problem at live shows. But when Im jamming by myself or with my band the amp sounds dialed in, yet when theres a lil bit more room such as a venue, the highs start deminishing and I can hear the lows and mid cut through, but Im the lead guitar in the band, and cant seem to get the high squeels and harmonics that I do with my Boss MT2 distortion pedal, any suggestions on whart to do? and I am using the built in gate and compression buttons as well.

Attached Files

#2 Atonement

Atonement

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSoCal Los Angeles

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

I've been a fan/convert/believer in line 6 ever since 2004. I cut my teeth on the PodXT live and use the same approach with my HD147. I'll use the Spinal Puppet/line 6 crunch red mode as follows.

Drive 8.5 bass 8 mid 9 treble 7.5 presence 5.5 volume 6 reverb delay and chorus varies by preset usually rule of thumb no more than 30% in signal mix, I have a Marshall 4x12 with vintage 30s.

I'll use cab modeling depending on presets as follows bypass, for heavy 80's greenback model or Mesa model for a heavier tone.

No matter what I'll still use my boss sd1 super overdrive in front of my HD147 to give it a boost with some sizzle. With my PodXT live I use the tube screamer model in the signal chain.

A good guitar with good pickups is part of the equation well. I use the following Jackson's DK2 Duncan's TB5 Custom and Classic Stacks, Fusion EX Pro stock pickups, SLSMG EMG 81/85, DK6 COW EMG 81, Ibanez rg7321 EMG 81-7/707.

I've not used the xlr and just been mic'd, I'm guessing that going direct with xlr would probably be the hot ticket might want to try that as well.
"It is not the critic who counts...

Jackson - DK2, SLSMG, DK6, Fusion EX Pro., Ibanez RG732, Fernandes Tremor 4 Deluxe. PodXT Live, HD147, 2-Marshall 1960 4x12 cabs, Spider III 75 1x12, Bass PodXT Live, Ampeg BA500 2x10 combo
"

#3 electriccaves

electriccaves

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

You should try matching your settings to the exact volume you will be performing live, it makes a big difference.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd147

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users