Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pocket Pod - Help!

Hello all, my first post here. 

I just purchased a Pocket Pod, used. I'm having a lot of problems with it. Sometimes the sound is clear using earphones and sometimes it's all messed up....static, hissing, terrible noises. Sometimes it works well, other times it's really bad.

In addition, I connected it to my Windows 7 PC via USB, which recognizes the Pocket Pod. However, when I attempt to record with it, the computer does not receive any sound. I don't see it listed anywhere in my "Sound Configuration". 

I'm using Mixcraft to record and the Pocket Pod is listed under "Midi" and not as a normal sound input device. But it's not a Midi unit, right? Do I have to install any software to get it to work on the computer (I tried 2 different computers)? 

I installed "Line 6 Monkey", but it asks what device I want to configure and the Pocket Pod is not shown on the long list of Line 6 devices. So how do I configure "Monkey" for the Pocket Pod? Do I need this software for the computer to fully recognize the Pod so I can record?

Sorry guys, but I'm lost here. I could really use some help. 

Thanks,

Gene

The Pocket Pod is not an audio interface for recording purposes. You need to connect it either to your computer soundcard inputs or, preferably, to a separate audio interface device that Mixcraft can recognize.

Thanks, I discovered that yesterday by reading this forum. Didn't know that. I wanted to use it to record music on the PC. HOWEVER, I did hook it up to my M-Audio Interface and I'm back in the driver's seat. 

Thanks again,