Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hello, hello.
First posting on the forum, so yay.

Too bad it's for an ugly, annoying issue:

Using Windows 8.1, I'm consistently being stuck with a BSOD when recording / monitoring through Cubase.
It happens at random, really. Sometimes I could be working for forty-five minutes to an hour or two, and other times I'll be slapped with that big, aggravating " :( " in a matter of minutes.

The problem is always cited as 

"SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

L6PODHD564.sys"

Computer collects information to prevent data loss, blah blah blah... is supposed to restart automatically, but never does.

I've looked around the web a bit before showing up, and apparently it's a driver conflict? There are known issues with Logitech webcams and the HD500 drivers, but having disconnected / disabled the webcam, I still run into frequent BSOD's.

I've made sure all of my drivers are up-to-date, and I've checked all of m L6 stuff to make sure that it, too, is updated... but it's turning out to be pretty fruitless.
And I am stumped.

Anyone have anything that they could put forward to this? I realize that Cubase is really good at finding faults to crash on, and that Windows 8.1 is... pretty new, but my hope is that I'm overlooking a simple solution.

Any help is appreciated!

Note:
I'm using a standard ACER Aspire E1-522-7843.
Spec-sheet here:
http://us.acer.com/a...et/NX.M81AA.011

#2 rphenson

rphenson

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

I am experiencing a similar problem.  Have a fairly new Gateway DX 4870 desktop running Windows 8.1  I use with the HD500 and HD Edit.  Works great for a few hours at a time then BSOD and various system error messages.  Not sure how to determine for sure it is the Line 6 drivers.  I also had the problem with Windows 8 before upgrading to 8.1.

#3 aidedonslaught

aidedonslaught

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

I'm having the same problem with Reaper and it did it in Sonar as well. I can't seem to find out where these BSOD are coming from. 

#4 johnwinston13

johnwinston13

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Same thing here mate, I am having the same problem with windows 8. It crashes and restarts my laptop all the time getting the error: 

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (L6PODHD564.SYS)

this is appearing to happen to a lot of people using windows 8 from what I have seen on other threads:

http://line6.com/sup...iver-for-win-8/

I have written to support but yet not got a solution to it.

#5 theraditz

theraditz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

I have the same problem with Windows 7. Have you noticed if it happens when your computer got into hibernate or stand by mode, while the pod is connected?

#6 jasongorman

jasongorman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:59 AM

I've been experiencing a similar problem on Windows 8.1 in Reaper. It randomly crashes the computer, stating a driver IRQL error. It's a problem with the driver on Windows 8, almost certainly. Sadly, HD500 out of action now until they fix it :(

#7 jasongorman

jasongorman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

I keep experiencing the same problem with my HD500 on Windows 8.1. Crashes laptop with a driver IRQL error message. Sadly, since I only really use it because of the USB connectivity, I have to mothball HD500 until it's fixed. Considering upgrading to an Axe Fx and just using my bog-standard EMU audio interface.

#8 jprigg01

jprigg01

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

Just wanted to say that I am having this problem as well.   New laptop with windows 8.1, Cubase 7, the latest drivers from Line 6 installed, but I'm getting BSOD crashes.

Hopefully a fix is in the works since this is a show stopper.

#9 FlyingsCool

FlyingsCool

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

Hmm, I remember back from the DOS days I think, there used to be issues assigning IRQ's to particular devices. 

Here's an article explaining IRQ's.  http://www.realworld...irqs-explained/

Sounds like the HD500 isn't playing nice and I bet that two devices are trying to access the same IRQ at the same time.  The crash is random because things happen so quickly that it's probably relatively low probability that they'll hit they IRQ at the same time.  I don't know how Windows uses IRQ's these days.  But I'm sure somebody out there does and can help sort this out. 

Find out which IRQ the HD500 is trying to access, and figure out what other devices are trying to access the same IRQ and try to move them to a different one.  

I imagine the HD500 needs this to keep latency low.

#10 FlyingsCool

FlyingsCool

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Ok, it's coming back to me....

http://answers.micro...f6-31a519b1bd26

http://www.windowsan...CFeRlOgodezIAWg

http://answers.micro...2d-b62efcd32926

Gonna need to figure out which devices are conflicting with the HD (i.e. the web cam, etc.), or, Line 6 needs to find their memory leak and update the driver.....

#11 ThrowingSixes

ThrowingSixes

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Same problem here.

I work with my Dell Ultrabook XPS12 + Sonar 3 + Windows 8.1

From the moment I plug in my POD HD500, it randomly crashes after 1 to 20 minutes.

I've been playing with my USB powersave setup.

On my dekstop I have windows 7 and everything work perfect never had 1 crash.

Please fix this bug, I really want to be able to record from my ultrabook.

Is Line 6 working to fix this bug?

#12 theraditz

theraditz

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationMexico City

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:56 AM

I've noticed it happen on Windows 7, only if the PC gets into stand by mode while the POD HD500 Edit software is running. I've solved this, making a power plan in which the pc never gets on stand by. And switching to this power plan, every time I plug the POD on the laptop. I dont know if it works this way on Windows 8.1. May be.

#13 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

All good info thanks for sharing.

Hmm, I remember back from the DOS days I think, there used to be issues assigning IRQ's to particular devices. 

Here's an article explaining IRQ's.  http://www.realworld...irqs-explained/

Sounds like the HD500 isn't playing nice and I bet that two devices are trying to access the same IRQ at the same time.  The crash is random because things happen so quickly that it's probably relatively low probability that they'll hit they IRQ at the same time.  I don't know how Windows uses IRQ's these days.  But I'm sure somebody out there does and can help sort this out. 

Find out which IRQ the HD500 is trying to access, and figure out what other devices are trying to access the same IRQ and try to move them to a different one.  

I imagine the HD500 needs this to keep latency low.

Ok, it's coming back to me....

http://answers.micro...f6-31a519b1bd26

http://www.windowsan...CFeRlOgodezIAWg

http://answers.micro...2d-b62efcd32926

Gonna need to figure out which devices are conflicting with the HD (i.e. the web cam, etc.), or, Line 6 needs to find their memory leak and update the driver.....

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#14 gigisama

gigisama

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

Update on my end:

I've discovered that, for the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error, it's caused by a conflict between the HD500 driver, and my integrated AMD Radeon HD 8400. Why do I know this? The STENH error only shows up when I'm using the HD500's USB interface WHILE I've got my external monitor plugged into my laptop's VGA port.

For anyone getting the STENH error, your GPU is likely to blame. Unfortunately, as mine is integrated, there is Jack and Squat that I can really do of it... Very disappointing, as I kinda need the additional pixel-based real estate when running Cubase.

As for the IRQL error, I got one of those the other afternoon as well. But I have yet to see it twice. A simple restart fixed the IRQL for me. Perhaps, for some, running a program like CCleaner and disabling software like AVG are a good workaround to that.
I'll let you guys know if I see the IRQL error again. When something happens more than once, there's obviously something to find. lol

Til later~

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 8, cubase, system_thread_exception, hd500, crash, bsod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users