2 replies to this topic

#1 TYBONE

TYBONE

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

Ok so the word came down That my serial number on my (new to me) DT50 112 is in fact a unit with a possible faulty power section. Which I am fine with as I just picked it up used form GC for a killer price and the fix is on the house. Bulletin 59 I believe it is. My question is this. The amp works and plays great now and I wont be able to get it in till after the holidays anyway. Can I continue to crank it up every night as long as it shows no signs of problems? I dont want to damage anything more internally but I would assume I can play it till it fails, no? Anybodies input with info on this or experience with the same deal would be greatly appreciated.

By The way I have read most of the posts about this issue, just didnt know if the bulletin mentioned to get it serviced asap or kinda keep rippin it til it goes. Thanks.

#2 TYBONE

TYBONE

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Line 6 support ticket answer “The amp should be alright for use as long as it does not appear to be acting strange.” I love when a company actually gets back to you. Thank you Line 6! Ok so I’ll leave this post alone. But am still just wandering if anyone has a recalled serial # DT and it never acted up and they never bothered will the fix? I cant be ampless for 3+ weeks and she plays/sounds perfect. I might just stick it out til/if something arises.

#3 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15533 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

get the service center to order the parts and call you when they come in... 

use the amp in the meantime, and likely not too long of a wait once the parts are in hand.

Line 6 support ticket answer “The amp should be alright for use as long as it does not appear to be acting strange.” I love when a company actually gets back to you. Thank you Line 6! Ok so I’ll leave this post alone. But am still just wandering if anyone has a recalled serial # DT and it never acted up and they never bothered will the fix? I cant be ampless for 3+ weeks and she plays/sounds perfect. I might just stick it out til/if something arises.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users