If you intend on using your JTV / HD500 's accoustic tones you will be disappointed with the DT. .
In regard to those who have the JTV-HD-DT trio, and are struggling with the acoustic tones, give this idea a try - patch design / concept by radatats
I can confirm that Customtone is All messed Up. If you click a tone name, it takes you to an ad for the new Line6 amp "Amplifi"...
And you cannot search by the name that the tone is actually called, you can however sort it by 'author', and page by page down from 'Z' until
you get to R..
I put his source tone in the zip, and I also made 5 edited versions, where I assigned the JTV models to Acoustic 1-5, and also assigned the footswitches FS1-4 to the FX he had in place.
In the edit patches, the FS=
FS1 = toggle between the two EQ's
FS2 = analog chorus
FS3 = cave verb
FS4 = plate verb
- Set input to Variax, same. (you may need to change from global to preset which may mean checking all your other patches)
- make a dual channel setup with Fliptop pre amp in channel A with no cab, change topology to III.
(topology III changes the physical settings in the power section and just gets that nice sort of resonance you would expect from an acoustic)
- no amp in channel B.
- in the mixer Mute channel A, channel B to 0 or higher if needed, and center both channels.
- place Tile reverb as last effect in chain.
- place a graphic EQ in the pre section with the two lower sections set to -2db, top 2 knobs to +1db. (adjust to taste, this worked for my cab)
We are not running through the flip top at all. We are only using it to "lock" the DT from switching to the amp in channel B and to control the physical topology. By placing no amp in channel B and muting channel A in the POD we effectively send the clean "unamped" acoustic guitar signal straight to the DT power section through channel B! We also have to change the input to Variax-Same to ensure that our signal is passed to channel B...
This setup provides the clean, unprocessed guitar signal from our Variax straight to the DT power section without ANY amp sims...
PS this is more easily done in HD Edit... I would post a link to the patch but custom tone is AFU. If you want to search for it I uploaded it as Rads Acoustic DT...