#1 bullvine

bullvine

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hi all, quick question:

I'd like to be able to activate my Wah via a footswitch instead of useing the expresion pedal toe switch. I like playing live with my volume pedal around 80% it gives me some room to boost when needed and such. My problem is that in order to switch over to WAH useing the expresion pedal toe switch, I have to max out my volume pedal in order to activate it, then i'm stuck at 100% volume for my Wah when what I really want is about 80%. Is there any way around this? I've tried setting the Wah to be controlled by a footswitch but it doesn't seem to work the way that I was hopeing for. 

Thanks for your time.

#2 ftuller

ftuller

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:58 AM

Try freeing up the pedal for the wah by using an effect slot in your chain for a clean boost triggered by footswitch. If you need wah and boost at the same time you can assign both to the same footswitch.

The POD HD500 doesn't have a clean boost effect but there are a few ways to do it: short cable into fx loop (add fx loop to chain with +3db return for exanple), or use tube comp with 100% thresh and output to taste (+12-24), or use studio eq with flat settings and output to taste).

Here's another post on the ways to do a clean boost:

http://line6.com/sup...x/?fromsearch=1

#3 jandrio

jandrio

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

Use the "Controller Assign screen" (see POD HD500 Advanced Guide v2.10 - English ( Rev A ), page 3-9) and  set the maximum value of  the volume pedal  to 80%,

#4 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:02 AM

Probably easiest way is to get a second exp pedal for a dedicated wah.  I just got one from Sweetwater for $49...  Can't go wrong for that price.   :)

Picture4.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wah, volume, toe, foot, switch, max

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users