Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dt25 Spontaneously Cycling Standby Mode

nikoniablue

Just bought a used DT25 from a private buyer on ebay in the UK.  Looked to be in good condition and worked OK for the five minute demo at the seller's house.  But when I tried it at my rehearsal it cut out, the mode lights went out then, after a few seconds it restarted.  The same thing has happened several times since.  It's as if it's going into standby then cycling back to full on.  I've tried resetting the unit but that didn't help.  Seller maintains he had no problems with it.  By the way, I'm using a filtered power supply board and the problem has occurred both when connected to an HD500 (AES/BEU cable) and when stand alone.   Has anyone else had this issue?

This is what happened to my DT50 Head when I was having sudden voltage drops. It would suddenly turn off then back on and cycle though it's srart-up mode, So I would have to quickly turn off the head 'cause these voltage drops were reoccuring every five seconds, crazy. After the transformers outside were replaced this went away for the most part. I don't know exactly what is happening to yours though.

Brazzy, I've never noticed your signature before.  I like it.  And we are ALL still learning how to play the guitar. \m/

Hey Thanks Stumblinman, I'm always learning something new with this stuff and having fun doing it. For instance I was trying to record from the DT50 XLR Direct out into the Mic of the Spider Jam and I can't seem to get it to work, lol. It seems I have proper levels but it just wont playback. I was reading the manual again to brush up on it and played around with it for a while but didn't get to work. No big deal though I have other ways of recording, lol. I'm gonna give a break for a while and try again later.

Updated: 12-30-2013 Was having trouble with recording from DT50 Head XLR Direct Out into Mic input of the Spider Jam. Thought I had the levels high enough to record, which I did except if your playing with the Master Volume too low the mic input "will not" be heard. Think I was a tad bit lower than 10 O'clock or around the 25% position. Basically I was trying to be quiet. Played with it for a bit and was hammering myself trying to figure it out, almost did a factory reset when I didn't need it. Instead I came back fresh the next day and figured it out in short order. Thank God, lol.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...