11 replies to this topic

#1 Kellaway

Kellaway

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

I've just acquired a Line 6 HD300 unit and at the same time am considering a change of OS over to Ubuntu Linux for various reasons like MS no longer supporting XP..

Has anyone out there used this combination? There is no mention of Linux in the Monkey downloads.

I have very slow satellite broadband and have found the Monkey downloads so far painfully slow or even impossible as the biggest upgrade refuses to load the latest version. So I'm thinking Linux might make it totally impossible.

I may have to take the computer to a fast broadband for downloads but if Linux does work with it this would help.

Cheers,

Dan

#2 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14789 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

line6 does not support Linux in any way... 

#3 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

. . . and I wouldn't expect it to any time in the reasonably foreseeable future.  Sorry.

#4 Kellaway

Kellaway

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

Thankyou gentlemen, glad I asked before the plunge.

#5 katiekerry

katiekerry

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

I am not sure if this helps I have a macbook pro so I don't use linux but I found a link for line6 support drivers for linux..

http://lxr.free-elec.../line6/driver.c

good luck

JTV 59 Tobacco Burst

HD500

Alesis DM10 Studio

#6 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 14789 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

they are not line6 supported, and will not enable any line6 applications to work natively within linux.

they are 3rd party audio drivers, that you can of course use of your own risk.

#7 katiekerry

katiekerry

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

they are not line6 supported, and will not enable any line6 applications to work natively within linux.

they are 3rd party audio drivers, that you can of course use of your own risk.

Yeah I think any drivers that you are gonna find are gonna be third party.  I have never seen any pro audio manufacturer who supports linux..  But thats a perk of open source some one else will help you out in the comunity...

JTV 59 Tobacco Burst

HD500

Alesis DM10 Studio

#8 OrangeCountyCarl

OrangeCountyCarl

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:20 PM

I've just acquired a Line 6 HD300 unit and at the same time am considering a change of OS over to Ubuntu Linux for various reasons like MS no longer supporting XP..

Has anyone out there used this combination? There is no mention of Linux in the Monkey downloads.

I have very slow satellite broadband and have found the Monkey downloads so far painfully slow or even impossible as the biggest upgrade refuses to load the latest version. So I'm thinking Linux might make it totally impossible.

I may have to take the computer to a fast broadband for downloads but if Linux does work with it this would help.

Cheers,

Dan

The best thing to do is use a second computer (up to date with patches) and disconnect it from the Internet. Use that for Line 6 and other gear that needs Windows. Use Linux for everything else.

#9 fr2632

fr2632

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

Hey Kellaway,

I am a linux user too and I can confirm that if you install windows 7 on a virtual machine (virtualbox for example) it works! You can even upgrade the firmware/flash of your Line 6 HD300! I did it with my HD500x and I guess it should work with the HD300 aswell!

Good luck ;)

#10 Kellaway

Kellaway

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thanks fr2632, I'll look into that.

#11 Tmassar003

Tmassar003

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Can anyone help me with how to use through a virtual machine? I can't get HD edit or Monkey to recognize my firmware past 1.0 and monkey says that the latest version is 1.0...besides that it works fine, I just need to fix this last firmware problem.

Thanks,

Tim

#12 fr2632

fr2632

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

Can anyone help me with how to use through a virtual machine? I can't get HD edit or Monkey to recognize my firmware past 1.0 and monkey says that the latest version is 1.0...besides that it works fine, I just need to fix this last firmware problem.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I have got the same problem but in my case Monkey installed automatically the latest firmware. Make sure that your multieffect is recognised by the virtual machine and do not use usb hubs.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users