Photo

Can L3t Be Used As An Amp Cabinet?

l3t

Best Answer BigChas52 , 16 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

L3T is a fully amplified "active" PA speaker/monitor system.  It will not function as a passive speaker for load purposes with an external amp.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 randcamp

randcamp

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

I like those 'lunchbox' style amp heads, like the Orange "Terror" series, but I do not own a speaker cabinet.

Could the L3t work as a cab? Particularly for amps which require a what I believe is called a 'load.'

#2 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2704 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:10 AM   Best Answer

L3T is a fully amplified "active" PA speaker/monitor system.  It will not function as a passive speaker for load purposes with an external amp.

#3 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

But rather than limiting yourself to the sound of just one (albeit amazingly compact and punchy) bass amp, randcamp...

…Could I suggest a trip to your nearest music store for a quick listen to one of these... 

http://www.sweetwate...etail/PODHD500X

…in particular its staggering emulations of the Fender "Bassman", Mesa-Boogie and Ampeg "heads" and "cabs" ?

Line 6 Link one of those stompboxes to an L3t …and you'll have yourself a "multi head" system that's seriously flexible and powerful, beyond the wildest dreams of most players !   :)

#4 randcamp

randcamp

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the answers gents; I'm new to amplified gear, and BigChas's answer is spot on.

As to the recommendation that I Pod up, by Mr. Marton -- I may be new to amplified music, but that hasn't stopped me from quickly acquiring a terminal case of GAS and GuitarAccessoryAquisitionSyndrome -- I already own one!

#5 jaminjimlp

jaminjimlp

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

Do you live near Georgia I have two Peavey 4-12 cabinets slant versions that are from the early 90s I need to get rid of.

May you be blessed and our Lord Jesus keep you!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: l3t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users