#1 steevilweevil

steevilweevil

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hi all, hope you can help.

I'm trying to record guitar and vocals at the same time through my Toneport UX2 but seem to be unable to do this. When set to just vocals, I can record that fine, when I set to guitar that's fine, but when I use "inst & Mic 1" as the source, the recording only picks up the guitar, whether I record on stereo or mono 1 or mono 2 it's the same result. I've tried going in to Ableton, Audacity and Adobe Audition and all have given the same result.

One thing I have noted is that in my hardware settings, the ASIO client reads as "none" and I'm not sure how to fix that. I've updated drivers but this hasn't changed. I'll be honest, I don't fully understand what ASIO and MME are so I may be looking at the wrong things.

Thanks in advance.

#2 BigChas52

BigChas52

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 2760 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Record your guitar as "Sends 1 & 2"  On a separate track, record the Mic as "Sends 3 & 4"  Take a look at the UX2's ASIO driver and make sure that the sends are set correctly.  Alternatively, you can open up POD Farm and control the output mix from there until you get the hang of it.

#3 Librarymusic

Librarymusic

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:48 AM

Exactly the same issue here.  I hope there is solution.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: toneport ux2, ux2, recording, ableton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users