#1 Matzinger77

Matzinger77

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hi!

- Is it possible to transmit line level via the xdv 35 L Bodypack too?

- Whats the utmost level, I can put into the transmitter before clipping?

- Will the 5V output (usually ment to supply the lav mic ) be disturbing putting in either line level or a battery-powered C 1000 Mic ? And how could that be solved?

Thanks ! Matthias

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Welcome aboard, Matthias !  :)

That 5 volt mic supply only appears on the "ring" contact of the beltpack's TRS (three contacts: tip, ring and sleeve) socket, so using an adapter to a standard "guitar-type" tip-sleeve plug is the way to connect what you have in mind.

Make this adapter a "cable type" rather than a rigid "tube" or "barrel", as the rigid types put far too much physical pressure and weight at the beltpack, resulting in all sorts of fractures and failures. 

I do not know the actual figure for the maximum level, but I can tell you that these beltpacks are VERY hard to overdrive, as you will appreciate when I tell you that some guitars can deliver over two full volts of signal !

By the way, do not worry if your AKG C1000 microphone does not indicate much level at the "Audio" LED, just use whatever gain is necessary at your "desk" or PA mic input, because the clean and noise-free XD-V system will faithfully carry your mic's sound all the way to the XL connector on the back of its receiver.

#3 Matzinger77

Matzinger77

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hi and thanks for the fast reply! can I think of the  Relay G 30 as an alternative for my set up ?

- Is there 5V mic supply on the ring contact of its beltpack too ?

- Can I transmit mic level via G 30/50?

- Will the receivers on both systems ( xdv 35 and G30) need exactly 9V supply input concerning battery supply?

Thanks again!

#4 dboomer

dboomer

Line 6 Staff

• 2514 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

The max input and output voltage of all Line 6 wireless is 6 vac p-p   That corresponds to about +8 dBu or about 2 vac RMS..

So to my way of thinking that is NOT full line level.  If I were connecting it to the output of a pro mixer I would expect that peaks fro it could exceed +24 dBu.  So you will either need to turn down the output of the mixer with a volume control or better a 15-20 dB pad on the output.

As far as connecting an external mic ... belt packs do not have balanced inputs. You will need to connect you mic unbalanced and not connect the "ring" of the input jack.  Likewise the outputs of all Line 6 wireless uses an unbalanced 1/4" jack.  The ring in this case contains digital signal and again should not be connected.  Use unbalanced cables only on the 1/4" jacks.

WITH REFERENCE TO the DC power requirements ... +/- 10% is acceptable.

#5 Matzinger77

Matzinger77

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:33 PM

That helps a lot! Thank You!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users