Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

License Manager Won't Detect Ux2

BHatman

I'm sure this has been posted before, but after 2hrs of searching the forums I can't find anything helpful.

Short Version:  

my Line6 License Manager won't detect my UX2

Detailed Version:

I am using a MAC running OSX 10.9.1

I downloaded and installed the Line 6 Monkey and License manager, updated all software and drivers and downloaded Pod Farm.  I had an existing Line 6 account, I logged in and register my UX2 and authorized my computer.  I downloaded and installed the POD farm software, but when I open it, it says no license found. When I run the license manager, it doesn't show the UX2 even after use the detect devices button.

What am I missing?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

you might try an older driver... worked for some others.... (may not work for you...)

To remove driver 7.3.6

1- On a terminal run this command   sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver.xtaudio.package (enter)

2- Then this sudo pkgutil --forget com.line6.driver.xtmidi.package (enter)

3- Reboot

To install driver 7.2.9

4- Downloaded driver version 7.2.9  http://line6.com/sof...a.html?rid=5675

5- Run the 7.2.9 driver package to install it and ended the process with a reboot

• Downvote 1

Hi all,

i tried to install my Podstudio UX2 on an iMac without success. I have exact the same issue as described above.

The Monkey detects the device without any issues, but the license manager can not see the device, just the computer.

I tried different versions of drivers, monkeys and license managers without luck.

The MAC OS is 10.7.5 and at the moment all Line6 software including drivers is the newest available.

Side Note: On my Windows PC all works without any issues. License manager can see the device and all is correctly managable.

As a final step, I took a look to the diagnostic log of the License manager on MAC, in one line it says "Device not supported" , maybe this helps.

Many thanks in advance for any help !

Cheers,

Same Problem here on Windows 8. Had a Hard drive crash yesterday. Did a reinstall today. License Manager will not see my UX2. Exact problems as above. Can provide  log files if needed. Worked fine 2 days ago and for some reason I can't start a "Support Ticket". Can not get pass the first step. I hope Line 6 can help.

• Upvote 1

I am having the same problem too...

In the "License Manager", you should NOT be clicking on the red "My Computer" link, you should see your device beneath that and click on it.

I'm not clicking on the "My Computer" link. When I click on scan for devices nothing shows up in the box beneath it even though my UX2 is plugged in. 

• Upvote 1

In the "License Manager", you should NOT be clicking on the red "My Computer" link, you should see your device beneath that and click on it.

I clicked on "Scan for devices". Nothing shows underneath my computer. I'm using Garage Band with Amplitube 3 at the moment since POD Farm is limited. Might just stick with Amplitube.. lol

Im using a ux1 and i was having the same problems not finding the device in license manager.

i found this version of it and reinstalled this and it now works for me

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html

this was for mac os x mavericks

hope it helps :D

hi, your link leads to the default site unfortunately ... can you please provide the version number that you used ?

Was it the license manager app and / or the driver that you changed ?

Thanks !

• Upvote 1

hi, your link leads to the default site unfortunately ... can you please provide the version number that you used ?

Thanks !

hello,

i have the same problem : ux 2 ok with monkey but not in the license manager

Thanks !

sorry about the link ill try to find it again....  i changed the version of the license manager from the latest to 1.02

and that solved the problem and it works fine now. all other software.. monkey ect are all updated to the latest version

Cheers !

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

I'm actually really sick of this problem, i've tried everything including changing the version of the license manager and the monkey.

So at this point i don't know what to do ... I would love to hear an intelligent answer form the Experts of Line 6, because is obvious that they got a little issue here.

I bought my Pod Studio UX2 just before christmas, and now i'm really thinking to change it for something else...

• Upvote 1

sorry about the link ill try to find it again....  i changed the version of the license manager from the latest to 1.02

and that solved the problem and it works fine now. all other software.. monkey ect are all updated to the latest version

Cheers !

Chidori,

many thanks for posting this ! Indeed it also works on my MAC with license manager 1.02 and the rest up to date (driver, monkey, podfarm)

The license manager 1.02 is able to see my device !

Thanks again ! :D

I will keep my ticket open, as I want to have the latest version at some time, but for the moment this is a workaround !

Chidori,

many thanks for posting this ! Indeed it also works on my MAC with license manager 1.02 and the rest up to date (driver, monkey, podfarm)

The license manager 1.02 is able to see my device !

Thanks again ! :D

I will keep my ticket open, as I want to have the latest version at some time, but for the moment this is a workaround !

no worries glad i could help.

hopefully line 6 figure out whats wrong in the next update.

heres hoping

All, 

I got response that Line6 has fixed the problem with the license manager. I have now updated 

all software on my MAC to the latest versions and all works like a charm now.

License Manager 1.07 is now discovering my UX2 correctly !   :D  

Cheers, 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...