9 replies to this topic

#1 warcloudwells

warcloudwells

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

92 custom tone downloads are listed for HD500X, but none of the instructions seem to sucessfully install them.  My EDIT and MONKEY software/firmware is current.  I got the downloads over to my windows (vista) computer but can't seem to move them into my SETLIST.  Never attempted this before, caus' I'm enjoying my tweaked presets for the Les Paul and my acoustic tones so far.  Yet the "compatibility list" seems to exclude what I am trying to do.   

I've used HD500 edit a lot, but now MONKEY does nothing for me since I upgraded from the old X3L.

Those custom tones look pretty cool....how to get them transfered?

warcloudwells

#2 RIblues

RIblues

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

You can double click on them and when a dialogue box opens asking what program to use, navigate to HD Edit. Even easier, with Hd Edit open, go to "File", "Open" and navigate to the preset. You can then save from there as well and it will automatically save to the proper extension.

#3 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11109 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

After downloading the files to your computer, run Hd500x Edit. Drag/drop the tone files into any preset slot in the edit program. Then use the Send command in edit to transfer the tones to your device.

Note that all HD500 tones are also directly transferable to the HD500x using the same method.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#4 warcloudwells

warcloudwells

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

Dang, the unnamed download just wrote over my userA voice.  I want to put it into user5A.

Reget maybe dumass, but this is still not working.  Step-by-step is needed.

#5 warcloudwells

warcloudwells

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

If I drop it into user 5A, it is empty.  nothing.  And User 1A still still appears to be be overwritten.

#6 warcloudwells

warcloudwells

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

OK, in the light of the new day I got it.  Sure enough, the drag-n-drop works fine from download file into HDEDIT.  Got everything trweaked up and level-balanced.  Just have to wait for next band practice.

Thanks guys.

#7 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11109 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Don't forget to SEND your tweaked tones in HD Edit to the device before you end your Edit session.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#8 Geekydaddy

Geekydaddy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSarnia, Ontario

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

My Customtone saga ~  I have a HD 500X. Without reason,when downloading or uploading from/to Customtone the file extensions have become L6t's. I never changed any drivers or fiemware. It just "happened". When I try opening a HD tone from my PC files they want to open in "Gearbox" and NOT HD Edit. I removed the Gearbox software from my PC and  most of my HD files have become an "unknown" file extensions. I can't change them back to 5xe's either.

I've tried removing and reinstalling all HD drivers and firmware which has no affect.

#9 mreman

mreman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Ive the same problem as Just Startin with files downloading as L6t extensions. Please put me out of my misery and explain how to resolve this. Thanks

#10 Geekydaddy

Geekydaddy

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationSarnia, Ontario

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Ive the same problem as Just Startin with files downloading as L6t extensions. Please put me out of my misery and explain how to resolve this. Thanks

Download your tones and try using this ~  http://www.jzab.de/content/pod-hd

I'm not sure why they download in L6t (which I think is GearBox extension). 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd500x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users