Photo

Pod Hd - Cabinet Upgrade - Noob, Sorry...

noob cabinet pod hd desktop bean noobasfuck

Best Answer radatats , 21 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

the POD is not an actual amp.  It will always require a power amp, whether it is a regular power amp, the power section of a guitar amp or a powered monitor/speaker.  If your true objective is a spacious stereo sound, I suspect you will be better off with a pair of powered speakers that can be placed on either side of your performance space for some separation.  In all actuality it is really not needed.  A really good amp/speaker will give you all the sound you need and you can take the XLR outs to the house PA for a stereo sound.  If your budget allows, check out the L2T, you won't regret it...

If you go for the 4X12, you will need a good power amp/guitar amp head.  A stereo amp will provide a stereo sound through that cab.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ben_r_r

ben_r_r

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Hey guys, i'm in serious need of some better sound. 

I want to get a 4x12 cabinet, i have been looking at something like the Line 6 412VS so i can finally use the stereo capabilities of my POD HD... Just wondering, can i plug it straight into the cabinet and have it work? Or will i need a Stereo Poweramp or something?

#2 radatats

radatats

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationOrange County, NY

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:26 PM   Best Answer

the POD is not an actual amp.  It will always require a power amp, whether it is a regular power amp, the power section of a guitar amp or a powered monitor/speaker.  If your true objective is a spacious stereo sound, I suspect you will be better off with a pair of powered speakers that can be placed on either side of your performance space for some separation.  In all actuality it is really not needed.  A really good amp/speaker will give you all the sound you need and you can take the XLR outs to the house PA for a stereo sound.  If your budget allows, check out the L2T, you won't regret it...

If you go for the 4X12, you will need a good power amp/guitar amp head.  A stereo amp will provide a stereo sound through that cab.

l6+sig+pic-1.png   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noob, cabinet, pod, hd, desktop, bean, noobasfuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users