Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Pc Won't Recognize My Guitar Port In License Mgr.?

I need to migrate to a new PC...I have a GuitarPort RiffTracker with Riffworks.

I am running Windows 8.1 on both PC's, Old one is an E-Machine, new one is an HP. AMD Processors.

I updated all drivers, firmware etc on both PC's.

Drivers 4.2.7.1

USB Firmware 2.07

Monkey 1.65

Lic. Mgr. 1.07

Gearbox 3.72

I can see my "Authorized" Devices in my Line6.com profile etc.

Both PC's are "Authorized" in Lic. Mgr.

However only on the Old PC does "Guitar Port" show up under "Devices" (Scan for Devices next to it).

On the new PC only "My Computer" shows up under "Devices".

I have tried uninstalling....reinstalling, rebooting, etc. etc. etc. on the new PC to no avail....everything works fine on the old PC but I need to migrate off of it.

What am I missing?

I called support yesterday and requested the "call back" function but was never called back.post-1257819-0-59202000-1387915789_thumb.jpgpost-1257819-0-26322900-1387915801_thumb.jpg

post-1257819-0-17793200-1387921483_thumb.jpg

post-1257819-0-62352600-1387921488_thumb.jpg

I'm having the same problem.  

Line 6 Monkey v1.65 sees my GuitarPort, but License Manager 1.07 does not.

GuitarPort has firmware 2.07 and Windows drivers are 4.2.7.1.

This is on my PC running Windows 8.1.

Help us please!

Hi Guys,

New to this having just purchased a GX Studio for Xmas.

Not been able to use it cos Licence Manager does not recognise it. I am using a Mac.

I am in the UK, but contacted the US support (cos UK was on holiday) who said it was 'probably' a server issue at Line 6 and I should try again tomorrow...I did...nothing.

I then phoned the UK support today and was told it was probably the hardware (despite the fact it installed fine using Windows). I mentioned the number of posts on here that seem to be having the same problem and was told that Line 6 does not look at this forum....it for for customers to answer customers questions...............so I wouldn't hold out a great deal of hope. The guy then told me it might be an issue in the US, but was unable to provide any test / ideas as to what I could try.

Not impressed so far!!

As blogstore mentions, the Line 6 people don't look at these forums, you can open a Support Ticket or call them (California hours).

On the GuitarPort, as this is an older discontinued product, possibly the drivers are not compatible with Windows 8.

I have opened a support case and provided details and logs from both my PC's. One works, one doesn't. I sent them the "working" PC logs etc. in hope they can find a "missing link".

Please note in my original post, "I am running Windows 8.1 on both PC's".

The only differences I can really "ID" are, 1. My old PC was Vista, then Windows 7, then Windows 8, then Windows 8.1 and Guitar Port has always worked. It's an E-Machine.

My new PC is an HP Pavilion with Windows 8 out of the box...I upgraded to Windows 8.1, however Guitar Port has not worked for either OS on the new HP.

The the only "Line6" product that does not see the Guitar Port on the new PC is License Manager....

I sent a follow up note to support as like others, I need this resolved.

• Upvote 1

For info...my GX Studio is now appearing in licence manager on my IMac and Macbook Pro......success.

That's great news! Did you have to do anything? Uninstall/reinstall etc.? I have a case open but no response from support since 12/26.

No I didn't do anything except restart the Licience Manager.

Line 6 put a message up to say that they know this is an issue the other day and that they were working to resolve it. To be honest, I just assumed that they had done whatever it takes to sort the issue....and it was therefore working.

Sorry to hear it's not working for you...I know how frustrating it is having wasted the whole of the Christmas holiday without being able to use it.

No I didn't do anything except restart the Licience Manager.

Line 6 put a message up to say that they know this is an issue the other day and that they were working to resolve it. To be honest, I just assumed that they had done whatever it takes to sort the issue....and it was therefore working.

Sorry to hear it's not working for you...I know how frustrating it is having wasted the whole of the Christmas holiday without being able to use it.

Fired up License Manager this AM and lo and behold...there was my Guitar Port and Add-Ons....Thanks for all the replies and feedback around this issue (MAC and PC)....time to get busy recording. Rock on!