6 replies to this topic

#1 mtmartin71

mtmartin71

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

Just curious if anyone else out there has experienced a situation where the Sonic Port 1/4" out and headphone out are really low, to the point they can't be amplified without a lot of noise.  I confirmed the output is fine within the iPad itself because I plugged in headphones to the iPad, which is turned up all the way, and it worked great with the SW controls for volume.  However, if I try to go out of the Sonic Port to headphones or to my Forte Focusrite, I can't VERY limited signal. I also get a weird problem where the reverb is "slurred" or messed up in Mobile Port.  Turning on some effects brings the volume up.  It's weird because another app, BIAS, has the same issue as far as low volume out through the device.  Anyhow, before I open a ticket I thought I'd lean on some knowledge of the user base.

#2 sirhc1956

sirhc1956

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

I just got my Sonic Port today and have come here because of the very same problem. Connecting the line out to my bass amp, the sound level is very low, even if I take everything out of the signal chain. The output to the headphone jack is non-existent.  I'm using Positive Grid's JamUp program. Sounds fine if I plug headphones directly into my iPad or iPhone (tried both), but little or no analog output from the Sonic Port itself. I suspect a defective unit, but any advice or insight is appreciated.

#3 BabyHuey

BabyHuey

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

I am having a similar problem. Very low levels from the guitar (on both the iPad headphone jack and headphone out on the Sonic Port).

If I turn up the ipad volume to almost full I get to an ALMOST usuable level ... but then all other sounds from the iPad are at a ear splitting level.

Is there a way to adjust the gain on the sonic port?

I have tried both the Mobile POD app and JamUP Pro (both with the volume slider maxed)

Tried two guitars (a regular strat and an active bass)

Tried two sets of headphones (not an issue anyway, since there is plenty of volume in other apps)

Tried two patch cables (they both work fine to my amp)

Ipad Air, IOS 7.0.6

#4 ridethatbike

ridethatbike

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

I'm in the same boat.  iPad Air-->sonicport-->headphone or roland cube or real tube amp.  The output levels are so low, that only the real tube amp can provide any decent volume.  Kind of stinks, I'm starting to look at Guitar Center's return policy...

#5 BabyHuey

BabyHuey

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I opened a ticket for this problem. No reply yet. The web page says to expect a response within 3 business days.

#6 BabyHuey

BabyHuey

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

Well I got a response. The tech suggests adding compressor, eq and turn up the amp sim volume.

That doesn't fix the problem for me. I only want to hear the sound of my instrument, no amp, no effects.

I have sent a reply....

#7 plyall

plyall

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

I am here with the same issue - low volume (extremely) out of the Headphone Out 1/8" port on the Sonic Port. I have not yet tested the 1/4" output.

I just opened a ticket as well. My iPad's headphone jack is roughly 10x louder than the headphone jack in the Sonic Port. This just cannot be correct.

Adding a compressor and turning the amp up (as stated in an earlier post) is a simply ridiculous answer. I bought this unit BECAUSE it had its own line/phones outputs, and other competing interfaces don't. If this turns out to be a class problem, I would have been better off with a competitor's unit (Apogee, etc.).

If anybody figures out a fix, will you please post it here?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users