Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd And Ipad

abordier

Hi there,

I just received a nice ipad mini retina for christmas and I would like to know how I can connect it to my amazing Pod HD 300.

I have tried to plug directly via USB using the USB photo adaptor... but not recognized by the tablet... What can I do? ... I am sure my POD HD Can be used as a preamp and I don't need to buy an additional device, any idea?

Thanks and merry christmas to you all 

Since Line6 is behind the curve on iOS support, I'll recommend the iRig HD for your iPad.  I've been using one of these with my iPhone 5 and it's pretty impressive.  IK Multimedia's s/w model (everything costs money) is annoying, but it's a real A/D device that uses the digital connector on your iOS device, and the quality is pretty darn good.  Doesn't pack the power of a POD HD, but if you're trying to have something portable for grabbing ideas, worth a look.

Line6/Yamaha needs to beef up support for these kinds of devices (iOS, Android) and replace their "Sonic Port" lump with a real A/D and have a good s/w package. There's room for more competition here, and iRig's ignored the Android market.  Get busy guys!