#1 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts
  • LocationBologna, Italy

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

for those maybe interested, I recorded a snippet of the beautiful gospel-blues song "Revelation" by R. Ferrante, originally played by Robben Ford in its Yellow Jackets period:

https://soundcloud.c...nico/revelation

(as usual all the settings are described under the soundcloud track)

absolutely not trying to be his exact copy, just inspired by his playing and sound..

also this time, to make the patch I used the single input approach, and I liked the results.. very natural..

#2 arislaf

arislaf

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

Holly , what a tone!Awesome laying, tanks for sharing!

#3 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

Beautiful playing. I liked the switch from MONO to Stereo at around :57  and the contrast that was created! 

#4 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts
  • LocationBologna, Italy

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

Thanks guys! :)

...I liked the switch from MONO to Stereo at around :57...

I don't know if there is really a switch from mono to stereo at :57, but sure there is a nice change at that point, I believe that could be the electric piano pan that moves from about the center of the stereo to the left..

I didn't make the backing track, I just downloaded it and I used like it is..

I recorded my guitar in stereo, the only thing I changed during the recording is the touch energy going from the first part to the second one..

#5 gckelloch

gckelloch

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

Tasty rendition.  Those LP Jr's are really great little guitars.  A HS buddy of mine had an original.  The (P100?) pickup, while quite limited in high end response like a P90, is just so perfectly beefy sounding.  That's a really nice blues/fusion tone you got there -- s testament to what can be done with modelers once you know what you are doing.  I let it play into the next tune "Blue Traders" -- SRV tune?  It sounded equally and totally awesome.   

#6 hurghanico

hurghanico

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1259 posts
  • LocationBologna, Italy

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:47 AM

....Those LP Jr's are really great little guitars....

thanks for the comment.. :)

I'm not the lucky owner of a real LP Jr, but the corrispondent Variax 700 model is surely one of my favorites..

I use it a lot..

there are several P90 pickup versions modeled by Line6 that you can use, and by default the LP Jr has its specific one which is quite different from the others..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: robben ford, variax 700, hd500, single input approach, lp junior, deluxe, screamer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users