24 replies to this topic

#21 DeanDinosaur

DeanDinosaur

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

Home stereo should be a good solution for playing at home, it isn't that much different from most FRFR out there.

#22 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

I will see how it sounds...  It may be good enough for playing in my small room and if it isn't  I can revisit my options.

#23 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:23 AM

Update:  I decided to go for the EV ZLX-12P for my powered full range speaker.  I got it Saturday.  The Acoustic sound is killer!  I need to play with a bunch of things to dial in the sounds I want but I really like what I am hearing with my JTV 69S.  I used the XLR for the connection but I am thinking that I should probably connect both the Left and Right XLR.  I know that plugging a 1/4 inch into the 1/4 outs gets Mono both channels but I don't think that happens with the XLR outputs.  I know I could mod the patches to pan everything one way but I think I can accomplish the same thing by plugging in two XLR cables since the speaker has two XLR inputs.  Anybody have any opinions on this?  For now I am really having fun figuring out how to tweak my patches to sound the way I want them.

#24 jcosta_sr

jcosta_sr

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

The problem with monitor speakers is they are not a live playing solution, take that in mind.  If you feel you will never play live then studio monitors would be the best solution.

#25 Charlie_Watt

Charlie_Watt

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Read the above.  I did not go with Studeo Monitors.  I went with a PA Speaker.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jtv, hd500x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users