Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The Schecter (chug Machine) Omen 8 W/passive Pickups

Brazzy

Just aquired the Omen 8 and have been playing it through he HD500 monitoring with DT990 Beyerdynamic headphones (600 Ohm). This thing is a chug machine for sure. Before this most excellent aquisition I was playing with the Devil Custom Schecter made a bunch of years ago, this too is an excellent build by them, and affordable too.

The pickups might be a bit noisy with high gain patches but after playing around with compressors and hard gates I've got something usable through the phones which BTW IMO are very good for this stuff. I've seemed to learn a little more about setting up patches.

I still play with the Devil Custom often and have to say after playing chords on the Omen 8 for a few hours and the going right to the Devil Custom the neck felt like twig, LOL, but in a good way. my playing has greatly improved since the Omen 8 aquistion. Amazing what playing a "branch with strings" can do for your guitar playing, LOL.