#21 Antraeus

Antraeus

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire, UK

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Btw a friend of mine (who has more money than me!) has purchased a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 which comes with Ableton Lite Live and I can get one cheaper on ebay. Tempted to splash out but it would set me back a bit financially. It's a good piece of kit though apparently. He bought that plus a condenser mic. But he's not using it for guitar whereas Pod Farm seems ideal for that side of things.

#22 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4543 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:17 AM

The POD Farm that comes bundled with the UX can not be use with another interface.

You can however use the POD Farm plug-in post processing using the UX as a dongle.

(Some people are able to run the plug-in in real-time with usable latency)

If you were to purchase the POD Farm standalone software license, it will run with virtually any USB ASIO interface.

As for DAW's, I think Reaper is up there with the others and is dirt cheap, but some say it has a steeper learning curve.

The important thing is to pick one and learn how to fully use it for your needs. Later on down the road if you find limitations and want to switch DAW's it will be easier having already learned the ins and outs of DAW.

#23 Antraeus

Antraeus

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWest Yorkshire, UK

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

OK. I'll just have to experiment and find out what works best for me. It kinds of helps being poor sometimes as it limits one's choices and you just use the best combo you end up with and accept it for what it is. So I'm going to avoid spending money I don't have and see what I end up with here. Thanks for the info. :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users