Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd-500 Clean Sounds For Jtv-59 Acoustic Models

bearman

Hi!
I have a JTV-59P, and HD-500 and 2xDT-25's connected through L6-Link.

Does anyone have a good starting point on how best to program sounds on the HD-500 (through Pod HD Edit) that could be used for clean sounds with the acoustic models off the JTV?

What pre-amp, amp and effects would you suggest, and possibly output scenarios? How do you prefer to set up the DT-25's for clean, yet relatively rich sounding JTV acoustics free of distortion but with enough levels to cut through?

Much appreciate any thoughts on how you guys have gone about this for best results!

Thanks!

Hey,

I would start with the Fender clean models like the Blackface Dbl or Blackface 'vib. I use the 2x12 Phd ported cabinet.

In the effects area I would add some EQ.  I find some of the acoustic models either bass heavy or treble heavy.

Add some reverb too taste!

Cheers, Mike

I don't use any regular amp model for acoustic sounds. I tend to use the Vintage Preamp model (found in the EQ FX section) along with a compressor (usually before the Preamp), an EQ or two, usually a small amount of reverb, and optionally a chorus and/or delay.

I don't use any regular amp model for acoustic sounds. I tend to use the Vintage Preamp model (found in the EQ FX section) along with a compressor (usually before the Preamp), an EQ or two, usually a small amount of reverb, and optionally a chorus and/or delay.

I agree! First I also used the vintage preamp, but found that it generates a slight distortion. so I swithed to the mid focus preamp. hi pass  0%, lo pass according the amp about 70%. The mid focus gives you a wide choice of preamping!

Hi,

I use the accoustic models with my HD500 as adviced by a line6 endorser.

No amp model, if needed some effects and the last part of the chain is the FX Loop.

I go out the fx-send directly into the FOH.

As there is no fx return, the signal will not pass the normal output and the technician is able to tweak the sound of the accoustic seperate to the normal signals.

No pre-amp, just some compression, EQ, and other effects to taste.  For example, sometimes the pitch bender set up one octave can do an acceptable 12-string emulation.  ..Sometimes it sounds terrible though, because it can't get the notes right.  Have to pick and choose.

I usually end up using an EQ to drop the 250Hz area around 2-3 dB, add a little compression, and that's all.  

• 1 year later...

Have JTV 59, HD500X, I do looping with Acoustic arpagios and effected electrics over that. Any suggestions on amping the combined sounds? I am thinking DT25 or L2T, any suggestions or experience doing this?

Really appreciate the advice here, you guys rock!