Photo

My Only Complaint With The Sj

Best Answer Brazzy , 02 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

You can reduce the volume of the sound file with Audacity and then save it that way. Try it out.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

Why is the "clean" setting volume so low against the preset song and drum tracks? Is this a fault of the SJ? 

#2 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

There are settings for the levels of these volumes, kinda hard for me to explain right now but you can control them. Happy New Year BTW.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#3 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

Hi Brazzy.  

And a Happy and prosperous new year to you.  

I have played around with the "inputs" and "playback levels" 

Cheers

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hey Thanks for the update. When I use the Spider Jam I turn down all the inputs I'm not using so when I want to use them again I have to readjust the levels, this prevents me from accidentally making loud unintentional noise or blowing my speaker or ear drums. It also keeps my ability to navigate through all the settings fresh in my mind making me more proficient at it. Have Fun.

Cheers

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist"

#5 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hi Brazzy

Can you explain this a little more for me, "I turn down all the inputs I'm not using" 

Cheers

#6 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

For example, if I'm not using the auxiliary input and cd/mp3 input I will turn those levels all the way down to Zero. Also if I'm not using the playback levels I set those levels to Zero.

I have to admit I didn't learn this overnight and I'm still learning. Between playing with the HD500, DT50, and the Spider Jam I've got my hands full, but I love it. Also I have quite a few guitars now so I'm always servicing them and modifying them for different kinds of playing and tuning.

#7 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

Sounds like your where I want to move towards. I have three guitars now - Australian Maton Skyline, a Strat (which is my luthier "practice" on piece) built from eBay parts and a Telecaster.     I am thinking of Warmoth for the next one.  

#8 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

I am now beginning to wonder if there is a way to reduce the volume of the WAV file or the MP3 prior to running it through the SJ.  Do you think this is possible with Audacity? 

#9 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:31 AM   Best Answer

You can reduce the volume of the sound file with Audacity and then save it that way. Try it out.

#10 Blubarb

Blubarb

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Perfect!!! 

#11 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Coooool!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users