Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Studio Ux1 Sound Issues On Imac

Hi there.

I have a brand new UX1 that I installed on my Imac today (latest model, mavericks os) and have spent most of the day being frustrated with the awful sound quality I'm getting. My imac meets all the required specs etc.

I followed the instructions on the pod farm CD to a tee and installed all the correct drivers etc before finally plugging in the UX1 via the USB cable.

What I noticed straight away was a horrible crackling and popping sound. Also very low audio even with everything turned right up.

I have gone into all the settings and experimented with different things and after i rebooted my imac a few times the crackling went away but it comes back here and there. I'm still having the low sound quality.

Sorry I should have mentioned that I am using a 7 string PRS electric guitar plugged into the UX1. I've tried recording with pod farm into Adobe Audition and it records with poor quality quiet sound. 

I would love to know also how to record vocals via pod farm or is this not possible?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Especially from anyone who is a mac user as well.

Thank You  :D

• 2 months later...