Photo

Cubase 5 - Midi Control Pod Hd Pro Tone Channels?

pod hd pro tesseract periphery tones djent metal progressive ambient cubase 5 pod hd pro edit

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 denouement01

denouement01

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

Ok so a lot of people may be going "derp what an idiot" but i am really clueless with this right now!

(bare in mind i use the POD HD PRO rack unit and don't have a pedal board/controller)

Does anybody here know how to get cubase 5 to midi control the POD HD PRO tone channels

so when I hit play on Cubase it automates the guitar tones to change on the POD HD PRO unit

e.g....(Bar 1 - 17 clean tone)

then when it hits bar 17 the tone changes to "overdrive" for example.

I assume that it's done using a midi channel on cubase and using the key editor to punch it in but i'm pretty lost with it,

so any information would be great! (step by step process and equipment needed would be ideal)

CHEEERS!

#2 Rewolf48

Rewolf48

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:11 AM

To change patches on a POD HD you need to send a MIDI Program Change - this will change within a set-list.  To change Set Lists you need to send a Bank Change.

The easy method might be to get Cubase to record MIDI messages sent from the POD when you make the required changes using the direct controls.

See Appendix C in the advanced guide: http://line6.com/dat...h ( Rev A ).pdf

#3 joejoefat

joejoefat

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

is there a video or a guide somewhere on to how to set it up on step by step? Ive tried doing it many times (logic & reaper) & I still have yet to find results. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

#4 silenthill_die

silenthill_die

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=74-DiCoh_RA there is my video tutorial check out also www.facebook.com/runguitar. For more tutorials with the pod hd

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pod hd pro, tesseract, periphery, tones, djent, metal, progressive, ambient, cubase 5, pod hd pro edit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users