14 replies to this topic

#1 ksturg

ksturg

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Loaded Line Monkey, HD Edit, drivers, etc. on the computer.  Updated the flash to 2.20.  Performed the global reset as per the knowledge base posting.  Display continues to show "update flash".

Rolled the flash back 2.02, and then up to 2.20 again (along w/ attempting global reset each time).  It does display "updating flash" as Line Monkey does it's thing.  LIne Monkey and HD Edit appear to recognize the HD500 (see image) but it's timing out. Powering up with the direction key down or to the right has no affect either.

Any tips/solutions would be appreciated.

Tks,

Ken

Attached Files

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11516 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

Have you tried powering up while holding down the left nav key?

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 ksturg

ksturg

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Yep.  Powered down - waited about 10 secs, then powered up w/ left nav key held down.  Tried a couple times each (with and without USB connected).  Still the same.

#4 samthebrutal

samthebrutal

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

Having the same issue with the 500x at the moment, help is much appreciated! 

#5 ksturg

ksturg

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

Update: not sure how this would affect it, but guitar cable out (of HD500) = constant "update flash" message.  Guitar cable plugged in = normal display screen (with visual of effects/amp).  Reset power and holding nav pad up/down/right still does nothing.  HD Edit connects and sends edits to 500, though the little asterisk (not saved icon) still shows on the 500.  No functionality with any controls on the board except: Drive thru Master and the Expression Pedal. Occasionally, the display will sometimes switch rapidly and get stuck on bank selection.

Will be contacting customer support Monday.  Hate to think my board has failed after only 16 mos. of light use.

#6 gigagiel

gigagiel

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 01:47 AM

I'm having the same problem. pod 500hd displays update flash after line6 logo. I'v tried everything, updating, reinstall, rollback with no result. Is there a solution yet?

#7 micheleguitar

micheleguitar

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:45 AM

I'm having the same problem too

#8 jandrio

jandrio

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:22 AM

....Will be contacting customer support Monday.  Hate to think my board has failed after only 16 mos. of light use....

@ksturg: any news?

#9 toneman2121

toneman2121

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2780 posts
  • Locationphilly

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:19 AM

the op's thumbnail shows no new updates available and version 2.2 as newest and installed and this is an old post. the help and info box shows this item up to date. the only error i see is regarding transferring tones. am i missing something? the only thing i can deduce is flash memory is blued out and the op mistakenly took that for meaning it needed updating.

I'M SO HAPPY!

#10 jandrio

jandrio

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:54 AM

ok, so the well known "re-power-while-holding-down-the-left-nav-key" proc ocasonally does not solve the "continuous-re-boot/power-cycling-state" situation?

#11 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15724 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:28 AM

It reliably works when a bad tone is the issue...

there could be other reasons why it would exhibit this behavior.

ok, so the well known "re-power-while-holding-down-the-left-nav-key" proc ocasonally does not solve the "continuous-re-boot/power-cycling-state" situation?

#12 thunderfury

thunderfury

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

Sorry, I know it's not my topic and I should create the new but looks like moderators didn't approved it when I submitted a new topic and I have no ability to tell about this.

I have the same problem with continious reboot loop. Standard methods is not worked for me. Problem was appeared after my PSU is overvoltaged my HD500 (approx. 13V-17V instead 9V) and then PSU died. Currently there were two burned resistors, two dead capacitors and one dead quartz. After replacement power circuit is OK, all testpoints on PCB is OK, all power pulsations is OK (digital oscilloscope monitored) but I still have continous reboot.
PCB has LPC2220 onboard and thereis a 14-pin JTAG. Data is going in boot-time but symbols is not readable. I think there is corrupted firmware in 39VF6401B or corrupted EEPROM in 24LC256 and I dumped both chips with chip programmer but I don't know how to unpack this images (or build filesystem and mount?) On the other way firmwares in "Download" section is ~790kb size when 39VF6401B is ~8Mb and 24LC256 is ~256Kb memory size.
Can anyone help me? I need to know how can I get correct data from JTAG and maybe someone has correct dumps for this chips?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English I'm a student and living in the other country and still learning. And sorry twice if I'm wasting your time but there is no Line 6 service centers in my country so looks like I need to repair it by myself with (or without) your help. Thanks again.

#13 jandrio

jandrio

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

..there could be other reasons why it would exhibit this behavior...

besides damaged unit, cld u pls give some examples?

#14 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15724 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

just to be clear... 2 different things being talked about here... "update flash" is different than the line6 logo reboot i was referring to...

I do not have specific examples of anything other than a bad tone causing the issue... 

but it could also be caused by corruption in the global settings, firmware, or hardware faults.

in the instance of "update flash" I've found that installing and updating from a different computer has helped me a couple of times.

might have to do with security software/firewall, or even malware disrupting the communication during the flash...

#15 jandrio

jandrio

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:13 AM

ok, so, pls correct me if i'm wrong:
- if the symptom is "logo-reboot", remedy1 is "left-nav-button".
- if the symptom is "update-flash" remedy1 is "re-flash-from-diff-computer".
- if remedy1 fails,  remedy2 is "open-a-support-ticket"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users