Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What Could It Be? (speculate!)

TheRealZap

OK … I'll go out on a limb … I think it will be just a tube amp ….. nothing else, just tube pre and power amp, no efx … what a concept …. I mean … nobody's done that yet … right ???

OK … I'll go out on a limb … I think it will be just a tube amp ….. nothing else, just tube pre and power amp, no efx … what a concept …. I mean … nobody's done that yet … right ???

They already did that with the Alchemist line...

Uniquely versatile design with inspiring features:
• Two channel All-Tube design, 100% pure valve signal path
• 40 watt, 6L6 Power Amp section, with 20 watt low power mode
• Gold (left) Channel: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Volume knobs plus Clean/Crunch, Bright and
Deep switches
• Mercury (right) Channel: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Volume knobs plus Punch, Bright and Mid
Shift switches
• Built-in Reverb with studio-grade Plate, Hall and Spring options
• Built-in Delay with studio-grade Ducking, Analog and Tape options plus Tap Tempo
• Parallel Effects Loop for external effects units
• Boost for both channels
• 4 function footswitch: channel switch, boost on/off, delay on/off, reverb on/off
• Available as Open 1x12 Combo, Open 2x12 combo, and Head plus 2x12 Speaker Cab

Interesting.  The DT amps are getting harder to find, but that's a weird opening slogan for a tube amp?  "Let there be Loud"... I don't want a loud tube amp, I want a tube amp with TONE... which my DT25 seems to have in spades.  

I agree with the stagesource speculation.  

Yes, stagescape direction sounds reasonable. Wouldn't be a bad thing to have FRFR considering the acoustic models of variax needing such thing. I really just hope that they will have pre and post tube sections included. I'm pretty sure it will also have line6 link and will be compatible with the existing PODs when they get a firmware update. They wouldn't completely renew the whole dreamrig leaving existing POD owners out.

What I infer from the video is that there are two "entities" and the ability to blend between them.  The first part of the video shows something like a Stagescape casing with a division between the left side (with red styling) and the right side (with grey styling).  Maybe this is symbolism for a wet and dry version of a guitar signal or sound.  The remainder of the video hovers around that big knob that has a volume indicator on one side and a blend indicator on the other.  Looks like pushing in the knob enables blending the wet and dry signals?  Now if I could just figure out what is being blended!

The size of the Blend knob is so large it makes me think the blend feature is the key feature of the device but I can't think of any kind of blending in a guitar amp device that would warrant such prominence.

I'll be happy to be wrong about the significance once it is revealed but right now I'm nonplussed.

Might be a cheesy idea, but could this be a Stagescape-based amp with two channels, where each channel could be a separate modeled amp with its own speaker, but with the ability to blend the two together in stereo?

After a quick search, I didn't see any new patent disclosures from Line 6, so I'm thinking whatever this is, it likely isn't something far beyond what they already have technology-wise.

If you look at what we have today in the dream rig, we have a fully stereo signal in the HD500 with two separate amps, and we have the ability to connect multiple DTxx's or StageSource amps to achieve stereo.  Maybe this is a way to reduce the load down to a single amp to carry around.  Might also eliminate the latency in switching between different topologies, since each side would already be configured up front.

I think it's a blend between FRFR and regular amp. So you can use it for acoustics, vocals, or guitars.

That makes sense... A FRFR speaker and a guitar speaker in the same cab, with the ability to blend the output from both... Would be pretty useful for you JTV guys, no?

• Upvote 1

It's an on stage boozerator with beer and whiskey modelling. Able to blend between ale, stout, amber, lager, pilsner, single malt scotch, irish whiskey, and kentucky bourbon with a single dial! ;)

I do wonder, it's tantalizingly minimalist. I can't seem to view a video that was mentioned>?

"Oh, the waiting, is the hardest part!" -Tom Petty

• Upvote 1

Some of the pics seem to show a smart phone with effects settings... "the day you meet your match" might refer to tone matching ala Kemper/Axe/FX?

So my guess is a new profiling amp that can be controlled with a phone app. Throw in tube/modeling hybrid with a blend control, why not?

It will be the equivalent of a Kemper+Axe/FX II, but 100x better than either of those and 1/4 the price. Kemper and Fractal will be out of business within the year. That is, as long as L6 doesn't make the mistake of naming the new amp "Vetta III".

OK, I don't know what it is, but I know I want it! :D

Three days huh?!!...

It's a "musician modelling" device, that allows you and your band to gig from home. You can set your band outfit to one of several vintage clothing choices, while actually lounging on the couch in your pajamas. The entire stage rig is HD lifelike projected holograms and the soundstage is projected wireless from several miles away. Much like the band "Disaster Area" from the 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' novels. ;)

"Disaster Area was a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones and was generally regarded as not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but also as being the loudest noise of any kind at all. Regular concert goers judged that the best sound balance was usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles away from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves played their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stayed in orbit around the planet - or more frequently around a completely different planet."

Some of the pics seem to show a smart phone with effects settings

Coupling that observation with the other little pinned post they made, which says "The Cloud got Loud", it seems like johnnyayyy might be on to something. Cloud based control? of what exactly, remains the question. And what controls. As I was totally joking in my last post (about 'Disaster Area' from Douglas Adams Hitchhikers Guide novels), turns out I may have been more accurate than intended!

Seems like Cloud / WIFI / cellular / wireless transmission tech has increased steadily over time, so the speculation that one might use a cell phone or other app based gadget to control some new L6 gear is seemingly a good guess.

Though I just bought a DT25, it will be well within the 45days in the event that whatever new thing is so awesome I can still return the DT25 and upgrade. Though having now spent two sessions with the DT cranked up, I will most likely keep 'er. No offense to analog pedals, patch cables, and old school tube amps, but the DT rig is insanely easy to set up, makes no unwanted noise, cranks the volume to more-than-I-need levels, and handles the HD500 FX with utter aplomb. Though, if they are going to be getting all crazy with new gear, it will definitely require a visit to the Doctor before my G.A.S. gets any worse than it already is....

I figured it out. They gave it away with the post "You've finally met your match". It's a dating service for musicians!! It matches your gear purchases and GPS location with appropriate minded partners who won't frown upon Gear Acquisition Syndrome.

Spouse#1: "Ummm, sweetie? Can I buy the new..."

Spouse#2: "NO!! Because I already ordered..two of them! One for me, one for you, it arrived this afternoon."

:)

• Upvote 1

The size of the Blend knob is so large it makes me think the blend feature is the key feature of the device but I can't think of any kind of blending in a guitar amp device that would warrant such prominence.

I'll be happy to be wrong about the significance once it is revealed but right now I'm nonplussed.

Hmmmmmm, I have one of these things packed away somewhere - as I recall the "Warp" control allows you to blend/morph between two different amps (green channel/red channel):

digitech-genesis-3-360563.jpg

I think it's a StageSource speaker with amp modeling built in.

Yes, looking at the pics I believe you are right.

Metal grille looks like the StageSource, I see what looks like a tweeter there (betting it is defeatable for non-acoustic tones). Modeling  controllable/programmable by  smart phone app, eliminating the need for computer interface.

Nice. Don't really need a product like that as I am pretty happy with my current rig and I expect the sound quality to be similar to the HD stuff but who knows, it might blow my HD500 away - If so I might end up giving it a shot.

It's a great product for Line 6 IMO, but it has nothing to do with anything I am interested in (as a dream rig owner - DT25, HD500, JTV69). 

If it was HD series modeling with L6L and VDI compatibility that would be a different story.  I have to remind myself at times that I am not part of their strongest market.  That being said, if the sound quality on the music playback is as good as I suspect it is, at that price it would beat iPhone music players without even taking into account the guitar amp features.

• Upvote 1

This is not marketed towards me. I love my dream rig and am now addicted to tube warmth and dynamics. Still I wouldn't mind owning the 75W for practice, but how much of the market share are they missing by not adding an Android compatible app? I would say at least 40%. This Line 6 devotion to iOS is going to cost them dearly if they don't broaden their software platform.

Mine arrived today too. Best playing guitar I've ever owned. Flawless finish, perfect low action with no fret buzz, and amazing tones from mags and models. I take it all back lol.

It makes me 100% confident in my very recent purchase of a DT25 1x12 combo!!! That, and my JTV59 arrived today :)

• Upvote 1

I think perhaps this may be good for DT aficionados since the new amp, without tubes, does't compete with the DT's architecture. This may mean that the DT line will be valid for a while to come? This is not imho diminishing the approach of the Amplifi concept, just that it isn't stepping on the DT's toes all that much. I for one will always need to bend tubes in my guitar amp (at gig volumes) but something like the Amplifi might work as a bedroom levels amp for me at some point? I actually use a Spider IV for this purpose now. I will be interested in hearing one of these new amps when it shows up at my local dealer's store.